A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: audio delay because of screen events

audio delay because of screen events

Hi,
    I am working on a Flash movie that uses serveral sound files. I need very accurate timing so I use
    the onSoundComplete technique from Frank P. Baumgartner as described in http://www.actionscript.org/resource...ing/Page1.html
    It works fine but there is one problem. There are circumstances where the audio clock of the movie is stopped for some time and so audio delay occurs. For instance when resizing or moving the movie window. Or when another program is started while the movie is playing. I discovered the stops in the audio clock have to do with the use of the screen (monitor or touch screen). There seems to be NO relation with CPU usage and it happened in the same way on several PC's an PPC's. My question is: Is there somehow a solution that the audio clock of the movie keeps running when the screen is used? Is there a priority setting for this?
    Thanks for your reply!

A simple example considering this problem:
    When a onSoundComplete function starts AND at the same time the movie window is resized with the mouse, then this function may be delayed up to 0.5 sec. That is not acceptable is it?

Student
    perhaps combine the getTimer() object with a start/stop on your sournd object so that for example fixes @ 4 spots in the length the audio (or tries at least). That would be like cutting it in 4 pieces with some minor overlays or gabs between them.
    At least I used this technique for motions