A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: text around the globe

text around the globe

Hello There:

I like to make my text rotates around a sphere in swift 3D.

Whats the easiest and best way to achieve that?

there is a tutorial on Swift website about this but I don't think it the best way of doing this.

First of all there are way too many steps and the end result is not good cause when u have letters like A O P basically all the gaps are field in when u convert the text into outline!

First of all make sure you have the latest build from Erain's site. I believe the letters filling in was a problem with one of the older builds. If that still doesn't work then you might need to upgrade to the latest version if you are using V3 or V4.

For the text, you want to make each letter a separate object. Make the first letter and place it where it is supposed to go in relation to the sphere. Then go to the Position page on the Properties Toolbar and move the pivot point only to the center of the sphere. Hit the button on the same page that says 'Move Together' then copy and paste that first letter. Now using the Rotation Trackball, rotate each new pasted letter into the proper position around the sphere.

When you are done, group all the letters together and once again move the pivot point only to the center of the sphere. You can now apply one of the preset spin animations to the letter group and it will spin around the sphere.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Hi

thanks for you reply.

I have to say Swift 3D sucks.
    there are always tons of bugs with each release.
    I did the same exact thing I wanted to do with ULEAD 3D which is alot cheaper software!

It only took me 5 minutes and I got alot better result.
    Then I utputed my movie to SWF like I wanted to!

Lol...personally I think Swift3D is a fantastic piece of software and Ulead is the one that sucks. To each his own, I guess. Glad you accomplished your goal in any case.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..