A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: World of Warcraft Armory xml feed...

actually EvolveDesigns was correc.t. he found the snippet @ gotoandlearn and pasted it here for you (us) =)

ED-

the things with that would be.. you would need a way (API) to have the game talk to your app. like when you rollover an enemy..it would need to pass the name of that 'enemy' to the app so it could get the armory details..

so Im sure you would be stuck copy/pasting the name to your app.

However, I bet you could make a little desktop app/.exe that sites on top of yo browser...that you could easily paste the name into easily..

but as far as rollover.. I doubt it..

I doubt the rollover to work too as i dont think you can trigger rollovers... only clicks.

but I do think you can get it to work if you type the name in your chat window with a slash command that you make yourself... like

/view <name>

which will trigger the LUA script (wow addons are scripted in lua and xml) to load the armory information... infact thinking of it you could match the information with a selfmade database with all the armor items and clasify/rank your enemy... ie. poor items = easy target or hard-to-get-items = hard target.

but it would take some time to script in LUA... and I dont have time for that atm

I dont know what LUA is.. but if you can get a feed back into flash..you can do anything with it basically.. you dont need your own data base.. thats the idea.. use theirs..the data is already there.. the image url's...etc..

depending on how complex you get.. you can have tabbed windows..etc. will data the feed returns..

I dont what a slash command is either..you could just type the name into yoru flash app and have it return what feed is given..and parse as you see fit...no?

alltho this is offtopic (nothing to do with flash but with xml)...what i tried to say was (and i think evolve got my point) it isnt possible in-game.

LUA is a scripting language that is used for ingame events/scripting.... therefor you can script inside wow... and get the information in-game.. instead of (what i think you mean) inside a running flash page on the background...

nice idea evolve too bad i dont got time on hands to make such a thing but yes its possible i know for 99% sure... except not with a rollover.

sorry for going offtopic... not a flash discussion atm... ill make it up to ya and answer some questions elsewhere on forum

yeah when i was talking about the ingame addon that wouldn't be flash, just an offtopic observation.

..which i will continue for one more post haha

rollover and click aside, woudln't be cool if enemy player names were coloured differently depending on your chance of owning them? Like the way the NPC are? That would be the most popular addon made imo... aside from maybe quest assist hehe. yeah lotta work, but bragging rights 9000!
    Evolve Designs Interactive Media
    the natural selection

I'm trying to use this to make a custom character signature...

I tested the two code options posted here, but my text box shows:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

How do I specify the returning of certain pieces of information, like the character stats for instance?
    That flash signature site has already done it, but they have only one design option...I don't really need all that information on the character, and I also want to change the design, so I need this to work...anyone?
    Up the Irons!!

if you're getting that result your prlly using flash cs3, the code only works when made using flash8 which makes n o sense, but there you have it...
    the natural selection

ED-

I dont have CS3 installed anywhere yet.. I still rock F8..

but Im curious, is it just having the .swf in a cs3 format? or are the publishing settings different?

If I open Cs3 and save as FP8 & AS2... does it still NOT work?

Thanks

nope it still wouldn't work... no idea why... it messed with me for a while lol.. lucky i kept my copy of flash8 when i installed cs3 ha
    the natural selection

Oh crap. That means I can't use it unless I reinstall Flash 8?
    Up the Irons!!

that or figure out what part of the code is causing the problem... I tired but never got it going I'm sure there's a bug to be sent to Adobe about this, just not sure what part.

here's a link to the app i made using this, it's very simple as I haven't had time to add the all the sweetness I had hoped for, but it's proof of concept i guess

http://www.evolvedesigns.com/1337/viewtopic.php?t=19
    Last edited by EvolveDesigns; 05-27-2008 at 04:35 PM.
    the natural selection

hmm..that IS strange.. anyone post it in the XML forum here?

now about getting anything to work..but why F8 vs F9 publishing doesnt work?

i've done a website for a guild in flash and pulled the data from armory, if you need i can send you the script i used.
    visit my portfolio and sign my guestbook!!

If it works in CS3, I would like that very much!

Also, is it possible to get only certain stats?

Like, my char for instance is a tank, so I only need his defensive stuff...can that be done?

The site posted earlier, the one that has the flash signatures, shows everything there is to know about the character, even what he/she has equipped. I don't really need that. My needs are simpler...lol.
    Up the Irons!!

yeah you don't have to view everything, you can pick and choose, just have to specify in the php what to return.

I will pm you my script when I get home from work.
    I have it set up to give me the rank, class, level, race and professions atm, but you can adapt it to whatever you'd like.

Cesspenar-

Yours is in CS3? is that what your saying? Is this AS2 or AS3?

On a side note.. Baterax, in the AS2 stuff being posted.. you dont need any PHP.. and you can parse (pick and choose) whatever data you want out of the XML data... any of all of it.

its as2.

here's the php to populate the roster:

Code:
    <?php
    include("../dbconnect.php");

connect();

//empties current roster for repopulation
    echo "Roster is being cleaned.";
    $clean = "TRUNCATE TABLE  roster";
    mysql_query($clean);

$myvar = curl_init();
    $myURL = "http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-info.xml?r=Lightninghoof&n=L%C3%A0st+Stand&p=1";
    curl_setopt($myvar, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, '[Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2")]');
    curl_setopt($myvar, CURLOPT_URL, $myURL);
    curl_setopt($myvar, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, TRUE);
    $xmlstr = curl_exec ($myvar);

$data = $xmlstr;

echo $data;

curl_close ($myvar);

function contents($parser, $data){
        echo $data;
    }

function startTag($parser, $data, $param){

$name = $param["NAME"];
    	$class = $param["CLASS"];
    	$level = $param["LEVEL"];
    	$race = $param["RACE"];
    	$rank = $param["RANK"];

if($class != NULL)
    	{

$sql = "INSERT INTO roster VALUES(NULL, '$name', '$level', '$race', '$class', '$rank')";
    	if(!mysql_query($sql)) die("Error populating roster");
    	}
    }

function endTag($parser, $data){
    }

$xml_parser = xml_parser_create();

xml_set_element_handler($xml_parser, "startTag", "endTag");

xml_set_character_data_handler($xml_parser, "contents");

if(!(xml_parse($xml_parser, $data))){
        die("Error on line " . xml_get_current_line_number($xml_parser));
    }
    else echo "<br><br>Successfully populated roster, please run <a href=\"populateMembers.php\">this script</a> to update members data.";

xml_parser_free($xml_parser);

?>

again... is this CS? Created in Flash CS? I guess it doesnt really matter since your using PHP anyways...

ermm... I wrote it in Dreamweaver ><

my interface is in flash, if you want me to send you the fla that interacts with this I can. it's a CS3 file.

what it basically does is go through the armory for the one guild in the url and populates the roster of my database so I can display the data.
    there's a second script that fetches the info from the armory for a particular member and does the same thing (populates the member table in my db with the secified info)