A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New Artist site (advanced)

site

please share your thoughts and ideas...
    Last edited by jsgd; 02-07-2010 at 02:55 PM.

-= Registered User =-
    Simple and nice. Can't really comment more on it, I like it, it's good.

Never believe what you see, it's a Land of Confusion.
    Trust only yourself, no one else & you'll never fail.

Nice site. I like the effects when you go to a different page. I also quite like the photo gallery. it is simple and clean. I like the simple color scheme as well.

Last edited by jsgd; 02-07-2010 at 02:55 PM.

Student
    nice site,- ever though on using different color tints on each submenu instead of green all the way? - feels a little bit dark & lost to me using just green.
    the transistions here really are slow (I guess they are frame based) takes about 2 sec. but I guess on a modern computer it will be fast.

Thanks for the opiniuns.
    Last edited by jsgd; 02-07-2010 at 02:56 PM.

FK Rocks..!
    Really cool,

Perhaps i liked the background a lot, i am wondering how you did that? Cause the plus sign fades in the top but not in the rest of the page?
    Waqas A.M. Siddiqui (Vicky)
    Graphics Designer

Quote Originally Posted by vky84
    Really cool,

Perhaps i liked the background a lot, i am wondering how you did that? Cause the plus sign fades in the top but not in the rest of the page?
    The background is a gif , and the swf is transparent

nice design - like the minimalistic approach. everything is very clean and clear and the pictures are amazingly good!
    good work

ps: what do you think of my page? www.amsterdamfilmexperience.com

Hi Conte
    Amazing actionscript and grafical work on amsterdamfilmexperience, very good job.

I find one thing to change: The media/video player control is over the movies, you should move it below or make the moviecontrol, on mouse over show on mouse out hide
    Last edited by jsgd; 02-07-2010 at 02:56 PM.

coool! that blur filter really does it on that otherwise pure typographic page.
    just three things you might wanna look into :
    - the menue at the top is not easy to find (guess it would not be tooo big a spoiler for the design of the page to put at least a symbol there that makes me move the mouse to the top)
    - the scrollbar at the right is a bit subtle - hard to see that you can scroll - maybe with an arrow like symbol on the top and bottom that would be easier to see, or just changing the form or color of the scroller - so that it sticks out
    - the color picker does not get repositioned when you resize the browser window. - guess you calculate the position at the start of the movie, but do not recalculate it when the stage size changes.

Thanks for you comments and cool work you are doing!

Quote Originally Posted by conte
    coool! that blur filter really does it on that otherwise pure typographic page.
    just three things you might wanna look into :
    - the menue at the top is not easy to find (guess it would not be tooo big a spoiler for the design of the page to put at least a symbol there that makes me move the mouse to the top)
    - the scrollbar at the right is a bit subtle - hard to see that you can scroll - maybe with an arrow like symbol on the top and bottom that would be easier to see, or just changing the form or color of the scroller - so that it sticks out
    - the color picker does not get repositioned when you resize the browser window. - guess you calculate the position at the start of the movie, but do not recalculate it when the stage size changes.

Thanks for you comments and cool work you are doing!
    This 3 things are the ones to go!
    cool that you find them all