A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: finally some good news

finally some good news

So I got my award letter for my supplemental budget for school. Which is pretty much a form you fill out to get more financial aid for school which in turn gets turned into a refund check which is money to use while at school to help you out etc. I got approved for all I asked for- so now while at school I will be debt free and not have to worry about anything money related. A weeks worth of work study will cover my monthly car insurance bill. And whatever is left over is going in the bank for emergencies and a new computer.

FINALLY! GOOD NEWS!

Now I just need to find one more class to register for...

*edit*
    Also I am heading out for dinner to celebrate my step mom getting a new better and better paying job. Drinks on me tonight!
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 08-22-2007 at 05:33 PM.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

So... first beer is on you?

Naw, congrats dude. Financial woes while studying and basically being the most broke your life should ever allow does suck.

Now... will you cheer the **** up for once? You've been on an down slant lately like no other.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

shut up and get with the pong table.

So I checked online and they actually only approved me for HALF of what I asked for...which makes no sense to me. It is MY money I am borrowing from someone else...why not approve me to take all I want out?!

Oh well it will still cover all my current debt just not a new computer. I really do need a new setup though so I may be looking at a nice 0% apr till next summer credit card...

But on another positive note I went out with a friend tonight and got like 5 pints free because we knew the person working
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    So I checked online and they actually only approved me for HALF of what I asked for...which makes no sense to me. It is MY money I am borrowing from someone else...why not approve me to take all I want out?!

Oh well it will still cover all my current debt just not a new computer. I really do need a new setup though so I may be looking at a nice 0% apr till next summer credit card...
    oh man, the young and naive....

It's not YOUR money you're borrowing from someone else... actually quite the opposite (why do you think banks give interest on savings accounts and charge interest on credit accounts?)...think about it for a few and if you still have questions, i'll hand you a hammer or shovel.

Now...with that said...if you get a 0% Credit card you're seriously asking for trouble....i'm not kidding. it's the worst scam that's been pulled over on thousands and thousands of college kids all over this greedy country. Go to your bank, and ask for a REAL personal small loan that you will pay a small amount of interest on over time. those 0% cards are the Devil!!!!! Seriously stay away...

I know it isn't MY money. I have borrowed money from the bank through an auto loan for my car and have gotten 2 other cars with locked in apr credit cards. I have dealt with all this stuff before. That is how I got my camera- I got the paypal plus card and had 0% apr for a year. I paid it off way before that but that was the only way I could buy it online etc etc long story. The trick is to NOT miss a payment- then they will **** you with like 20-30% and that is just insane.

I am not going to get a bank loan for $600-700 for a computer. I will try to figure something out a credit card is my last option right next to a personal bank loan.

did I speak too early or what. I signed off my own loans my first 2 years in school then they changed what you needed to be accepted so my step mom co signed for me last year but this year we were completely denied. So now my only option is for my mom to try and get a parent plus loan which she will most likely be denied because of issues she has had with helping my aunt get a car under her name and NEVER make a payment on time and completely ****ING her credit on her. So if she is denied which they said is a very good chance she will I will have to apply for some 3rd party clover loan and hopefully be accepted or drop out.

And I will prob be single by the end of this weekend(good or bad?)

everyone have a good weekend!

umm, congratulations?

Embrace the life of a student. Eat more ramen. Possibly consider selling your body to supplement your income.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

What with changing courses and repeating periods of study etc. I was pretty ****ed for cash aswell...

I just sucked it up, moved back home for a year and made some money... why can't you do that? I know it's pretty soul destroying but if it has to be done...
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

it's better if you stay single,
    because prostitution is the solution
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

You should start eBegging...

cause you're gonna need alot of KY
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

Quote Originally Posted by robbmcaulay
    What with changing courses and repeating periods of study etc. I was pretty ****ed for cash aswell...

I just sucked it up, moved back home for a year and made some money... why can't you do that? I know it's pretty soul destroying but if it has to be done...
    robb in the areas wannabe and myself live. if you drop out and move back home your pretty much done.

Wannabe do whatever it takes to get that money.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

i agree silver. However, this is a rough situation. it's not like he can't afford the books or meals, this is full out tuition. And coming up with 10K+ can be rough. Sure after he makes the tuition payment he can skimp on things like books, meals...ride his bike, sell photographs, hire young chicks to take their shirts off infront of a camera....

But don't stop whatever you do. taking a year off will decrease your chances of going back by 60-80%. Any way of getting a straight up loan from your mom's mortgage company? There's other ways to get things than the normal student loans out there today. Actually, a lot of them. I'm sure it's too late, but have you considered applying for a whole bunch of scholarships? Many art based ones don't require a high GPA, just a good portfolio and essay.

I actually have a high gpa thanks (3.52)

I am heading down to add/drop some courses so I am going to swing into financial aid and see what they can do for me.

Honestly- can't I just have ONE full good year at school....

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSHVision
    Possibly consider selling your bodily fluids to supplement your income.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

That's another option...one that I myself considered while going to school. After reading the disclaimer/waiver and looking at the other people who were there to donate however, I decided the paltry amount they were offering wasn't worth anywhere near what could possibly go wrong. None of which they would be responsible for. Oddly enough, those places are not for those who love life.
    mrush

Quote Originally Posted by RUSHVision
    That's another option...one that I myself considered while going to school. After reading the disclaimer/waiver and looking at the other people who were there to donate however, I decided the paltry amount they were offering wasn't worth anywhere near what could possibly go wrong. None of which they would be responsible for. Oddly enough, those places are not for those who love life.

im sorry what can go wrong with jacking off into a cup?
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

That's another matter entirely. I was talking about plasma.

pervert
    mrush

Still kisses with saliva save_larry's Avatar
    an empowered & informed member of society
    Wow, I was thinking snot.
    a pig
    in a cage
    on antibiotics