A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kiosk Application Form

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    I downloaded your code and opened up the FLA. All I get is a bunch of errors about missing classes and what not. I extracted he archive so it won't have any problem accessing external files. When I test the movie I don't see the onscreen keyboard and I can't type in any of the 3 boxes. What version of Flash are you using to author this? I am running CS3.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

sorry, I left half of the files out of the folder. A new zip file is available to download http://www.totemstudio.net/downloads/Interface.zip I'm running CS3 as well, I think you won't have problems with the file, was my mistake

That file doesn't have any more files. I deleted my old zip and re-downloaded it. Nothing new.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

still doesn't work? you should have the fla file plus 5 .as files : texas sampke.fla, Keyboardname.as, Keyboardcity.as, Keyboardphone.as, OnScreenKeyboard.as and StandardKey.as . I'm uploading a new one

Please try again http://www.totemstudio.net/downloads/Interface2.zip I just tested this one and it worked.. :S

I only had 3 as files before. Now I have all of them. I am still getting errors though:
    The name of this class, 'Keyboardphone', conflicts with the name of another class that was loaded, 'Keyboardphone'. class Keyboardphone extends MovieClip {
    The name of this class, 'Keyboardcity', conflicts with the name of another class that was loaded, 'Keyboardcity'. class Keyboardcity extends MovieClip {
    The name of this class, 'Keyboardname', conflicts with the name of another class that was loaded, 'Keyboardname'. class Keyboardname extends MovieClip {

Whatever the error is happens on line 14 or the 3 new respective as files. I'm not familiar at all with this keyboard that you are using.
    Jason L. Wright

Do you think it will be better to do one from scratch? it worked for me here but no idea why, how do you see the other parts of the code? the clear button(inside form) and the send button (inside form2) the info to the server.

i would like to do a screen keyboard from scratch but I have no idea what is the code to add to the keys to interact with the dynamic text box, but if this will help to manage the database sending process, I think it will be better then, that is the most important, and I see the keyboard I'm using is causing some traffic on the code, at least to make it work smooth. like the way it clear the text on the first part of the survey and then to collect this info to the database.

I Just made the clear button to work. not sure if this is correct but it works visually. I found a very rustic way to make the cursor work in each text box when clicked (i can't make the enter key work for this but I think is ok), for the clear button I created a frame at the end of the clip, that holds the option to put those text boxes to zero info and return to the first part of the survey, do you think this can work with the data saved for the database before the send info button is pressed? As you may notice, I'm surely using complicated options to make it work , but as I'm learning I try to do it by my self until someone more pro like you helps me to achieve it in the right and clean way by the way this is the actionscript I have for the send button but I'm sure something is missed here, starting on the first 4 vars, I think they should go different if they are inside a dynamic text instead of the TextInput component and I'm missing something to target the variables inside each form movieclip...

Submit.onRelease = function() {
    var e_lv:LoadVars = new LoadVars();
    var g_lv:LoadVars = new LoadVars();
    e_lv.name = name.text;
    e_lv.city = city.text;
    e_lv.phone = phone.text;
    e_lv.email = email.text;
    e_lv.agecategory = agecategory.selectedIndex;
    e_lv.income = income.selectedIndex;
    e_lv.visit = visit.selectedIndex;
    e_lv.visitother = visitother.text;
    e_lv.texanlogo = texanlogo.selectedIndex;
    e_lv.madein = madein.selectedIndex;
    e_lv.receiveinformation = receiveinformation.selectedIndex;
    e_lv.winegarden = winegarden.selectedIndex;
    e_lv.visitwinegarden = visitwinegarden.selectedIndex;
    {
    e_lv.sendAndLoad("http://localhost/survey_form.php",g_lv,"POST");
    gotoAndStop(2);
    };
    };
    I see the keyboard in the library has some particular setup in the linkage option maybe when I send you the files these objects keeps the info from my computer

Hi Jason, I just finished the new keyboard but I can't make the keys work correctly, to fill the text box, not sure if its dynamic or input text ...I've tried both and used this actionscript for the first 2 keys:

one.onPress = function() {

_root.name.text += '1';

};

two.onPress = function() {

_root.name.text += '2';

};
    I have tested this code outside the clip inside the clip, inside the clip where all the keys are and nothing seems to work I'm completely lost

In order to access stuff, you need to learn the hierarchy of accessing objects in flash. Pretend like every object in your Flash movie is in a tree menu and you have to explain how to get where you want. You have a few shortcuts to do this. _root will take you back to the main time line and _parent takes you up one level. With _root.name.text you are assuming that you have an input/dynamic textbox on your main timeline with an instance name of name and you are trying to access the text property of it. If that textbox was inside of a movieclip on the main timeline you would use _root.movieClipName.name.text. The functions that you are writing should work assuming you are targeting the text boxes correctly.
    Jason L. Wright

aaah yes I know that part, I use to work with _root.mymovieclip.name is this particularly for the keys or it works for the database target as well?

thanks...I'm checking all the code again, I was missing that part

great the keyboard is working now, I thought using the _root.myclip was enough but it seems using the whole path was better, I created an area button to each key and tell which number/letter to enter on the first Name field area. the key click area and the input text box are in the same clip, so I used:
    on (press) {
    this.name.text += '1';
    }
    and so on for each key

I guess I will have to duplicate this keyboard movie for each one of the 4 fields to enter the info,Right? or I can keep using the same keyboard for the 4 fields?I know how to do the first one but ignore the last