A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [heavy - hi bandwith] Two Kingdoms Heroes bits ...

2KHeroes / Sylvaniah designer luxregina's Avatar
    I would like to score a DS port better but sure, if no publisher want to support the game, then my next move will be to make it multiplayer ( though, not MMO, per say, as I just don't see the game mechanics work well with a cooperative gameplay / team gameplay - but PVP, definitely - if I can find some socket gurus to help with the multiplayer optimisation ....) but we are not there yet ...

and yes, DS has some networking functions, but that's another league that we ( studio and I ) aren't nessecerly ready or willing to tackle ...

To be honest, I have no idea what the difference between an MMORPG, RPG, MOMPGR, PROGPPM or MOPRG are.
    America!

an MMORPG would induce that, you and a party, can group, and take over monsters ...ideally, in an environnement where other players could see your party battle against thos monsters ...

2KH territories are big, but not half, not even a 1/3 as big as a Wow zone, for exemple - this would lead to many problems in spawn, and to be honest, i'm not sure any scoket server could handle this well anyway...

so my perspective was to get rid, at least from server AI-served to players in the party - but keep the idea of "areas" where a restricted amount of character could battle each other in real time, this based on their characters that they built playing the solo campain ... way less straining on the server, although quite challenging if we want to eliminate unfairness of lag, and keep the best features of 2KH ( AOE spells, etc ) ...
    So not totally a MMO, like Wow or Everquest, but moreso something like Guild Wars ...

Wow this game looks amazing, I can't wait until you complete this game. good luck, you obviously worked very hard on this project! It's so cool that Flash games can be ported to the DS and other consoles.

Good luck!

Superawesome =)

Pumpkin Carving 2008 ImprisonedPride's Avatar
    I could do better in 6 months using only one hand, and be blindfolded...

No seriously, this is the epiphany of great flash games are meant to be. You're truly an inspiration and on behalf of FK, I think I speak for everyone when I say that's admirable.

Of course, it's going to piss me off when it's released (since it's the game I've always dreamed of designing and creating)... *drool* dungeon running... mmm...
    The 'Boose':
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 TUF
    Intel Core i7-2600K Quad-Core Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz Overclocked to 4.2GHz
    8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3
    ASUS ENGTX550 TI DC/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 1GDDR5 (Overclocked to 1.1GHz)
    New addition: OCZ Vertex 240GB SATA III SSD
    WEI Score: 7.6

Wow lux I wish I had your dedication to stay focused on one project. Its pure talent. Great work.

Just thought I'd give you guys a preview of some sound design : here are a couple of ambient sounds used as a background for the "marshes" environment

Just select a loop number - and go from one loop to another ( they all fade out/in as you change them ). Of course in-game, the engine will randomly pull loops one after another, to have a sound "tiled" but not too similar over time ...

http://www.luxgames.net/FK/soundFK.html (300K - no preloader )

Great stuff. Love to see when people do more than the TINY little games that flash is so known for.

Those games have their place, but so many times it just feels like playing the same game again and again and again with nothing but a different skin.

My only critique is for stuff that you seem to be just starting on, spelling. Watch your spelling mistakes. I can see 2-3 in just the few screens above. (releived, temporarly, etc...) Just run all the text through at LEAST a spell checker before going live with any of it. Better yet would be to have an editor double check it all. I know spelling mistakes are the furthest thing at the bottom of your 'todo' list, so my pointing them out as the only knock I can find in those screens is pretty high praise.

Keep it up! Good luck on getting some publisher backing!

Are you doing all the work on this so far? Art and coding? It is very nice.

No trouble : i'm not a native english speaker, so I would expect some mistakes - once quests and various game statements are definitive, I will have all both proofed by my wife ( English is her first langage ) and then checked professionally - just be glad you never got to hear my job doing the voice-overs on 2 Kingdoms old version cutscenes : my wife's still laughing about it

and yes, so far, been doing both code and art, this as long as I don't know exactly what will happen for the game (if there is a DS port, it would be a waste to fully devlopp it in Flash first) , but no glory for me, as most of the code is inspired from Klas Kroon tutorials and Tonypa's tile based tutorials ... now, the art, on the other way is what is more natural to me ...

It's true..I brought sexy back smith1302's Avatar
    ok that is pure amazing. I cant even imagine the time put into this. amazing job lux.
    Hey check out my arcade sites!
    Ninja Games | WW2 Games

hey!

Just thought I would share how would the second "dungeon" look like.

It's a crypt/necropolis - supposed to be a quite dark place packed with skeletons, ghouls and necromancers, and some oversized Bosses
    Loot will be much better in the dungeons than any other part of the world.

This dungeon is attached, and a big quest destination, to the Lowlands / marshes, that I previously showed...

for those interested by Lore and scenarii, here is a little preview of the storyline associated with this dungeon :

Damn those crypt images look amazing! Great work Lux!

Student
    it has the flair of NOX from westwood

that looks super cool

I don't see any enemy sprites? are there any yet?
    lather yourself up with soap - soap arcade

these pictures make me horny (in a non sexual way )
    excellent work mate, your attention to detail and dedication never ceases to amaze me

Pumpkin Carving 2008 ImprisonedPride's Avatar
    If this game were a women I'd ask her to marry me. If she said no, I'd probably kidnap her and chain her up in my basement. I already love this game. :P
    The 'Boose':
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 TUF
    Intel Core i7-2600K Quad-Core Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz Overclocked to 4.2GHz
    8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3
    ASUS ENGTX550 TI DC/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 1GDDR5 (Overclocked to 1.1GHz)
    New addition: OCZ Vertex 240GB SATA III SSD
    WEI Score: 7.6

Elvis...who tha f**k is Elvis? phreax's Avatar
    One thing is the quality, which is amazing and then there's the size of it, which is beyond words! Truly truly amazing, lux
    Streets Of Poker - Heads-Up Texas Hold'em Poker Game

Well, obviously you dont need me to tell you how amazing this game looks so far, but you've trully got something fantastic in the works there lux .

One thought that just popped int my head is: File size.. could you possibly share a bit of info on the sizes of these sprites/game thus far. I'd hate to wait a few hours to load this game (though, it would be worth it) .

Viza.