A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Question about tweening

Question about tweening

Hi, I know how to do tweening if the entire object is moving.
    But how would you animate something if only a portion is moving like a person's arm? Would I have to do it manually?

And does tweening only work if you move the object up/down/left/right? I free-trasnformed an object, and it didn't seem to work?

i guess you need Guide line layer. search flash help, there are some sample.

If you have a person & you only want the arm to move, then that arm needs to be on it's own layer. Motion tweening doesn't work if there are multiple ungrouped objects on the layer i.e. - if on one layer you have a body_mc, an arm_mc, a head_mc - tween will not work - they all have to be on separate layers. Tweening does work in more than just up/down/left/right - it can also do scale, skew, distort, etc...BUT the element in the first frame of the tween must be the exact same element in the last frame of the tween, example: if you have an image of a person with their arm down (let's call it armDown.jpg), & another image of the same person with their arm up (let's call it armUp.jpg) - you cannot have armDown.jpg in the first frame & armUp.jpg in the last frame & expect it to work, because it won't. If you had an arm_mc in the first frame & the arm was down, then you had arm_mc in the last frame & the arm was up - that would work, they're the same element, but in a different position. Also remember that your Transformation Point must be in the same relative position to the element in each frame or you will get very undesired motions (if the Transformation Point is at the base of arm_mc in the first frame & at the fingers of the hand in the last frame, your tween will be odd) .
    When I'm making cartoons I have each body part on a separate layer which could consist of:
    head
    eye right
    eye left
    nose
    mouth
    body
    arm right top
    arm right bottom
    leg left top
    leg left bottom
    etc...& on & on...

A Guide Layer may help you, but all of the above parameters will still apply
    1 Infinite Loop, Cupertino is a portal of Hell.