A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 2 logos need advice/ideas any feed back!

2 logos need advice/ideas any feed back!

Hello thanks for looking... Let me know what you think (bad, good, and ideas, any thing.. Thanks again.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by montara1; 09-26-2007 at 03:17 AM.

Alucard

2 logos

I personally thought the second one was much easier on the eyes.. the color scheme is nice, the only thing that doesnt feel right is the lettering at the bottom. Its too light.. when you make a logo you want something that not only draws attention, but something that will keep that logo locked in the mind of whoever saw it so that they'll have it on their mind long enough to pursue the product you're selling.

Try maybe outlining the lettering or trying out different colors till you feel like it's more captivating and let me know when you put on the new one and I'll let you know what I think.

second one for me as well, like the main font and colouring, not 100% sure about the swirl...

I would try ot without the grey scribbly bit, maybe make it a bit thicker, would look strong when placed on a van or large sign

nice work

bp

ps welcome 'DarknessWithin'

For me it is the first one without question. It's a completely different matter as to why I watch this show, but I've seen most of the episodes made of 'Great Hotels' where they travel around to various upscale resorts and hotels. Why this is even vaguely important is the fact that along with everything else they also invariably show the hotel or resort's logo as included in a shot of the entrance.

The first one would look right at home with all the rest that I've seen. It has a simple style and elegance, and the golden swirls do a great job of indicating flowing waves, grass or palm fronds flowing in the wind, that sort of thing. The gold color goes right along with the many gold accents that are often found at these places. I can see those more solid parts done in brass or gold plate, with the more transparent sections done in tinted glass sitting in the lobby. To me, the whole thing speaks of open air, breezes, and upscale relaxation.

So the first one would be a four-star logo. The second one...two-star at best. I would expect a place sporting that logo to have substandard service and possibly even dirty sheets. But that's just my opinion.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

WOW I never thought I would recieve such great feedback! THANKS!!!

I have attached some more ideas- I haven't picked the colors yet.. Let me know how you think these compare.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I like that one better, but personally I still prefer the first one. For this latest one though, some ideas would be to give 'Oceano' a little more life. I'm not really feelin' that swirl up at the top, but perhaps you could modify it a bit and incorporate it as the 'C'. Suggesting this as a curling wave would be a nice tie-in with the name and put some much needed visual appeal into that name/logo.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Im with rush. That first one was a solid design. But I much like the color scheme of the second one over the first. Although as mentioned, the bottom text was too light. The first once just had a nice font, nothing wild, but it was slender and reminded me of an ocean. And, the symbol up top was nice, and I still like it better than all the others you tried to do.

Now what to do to finish the first one into completion I'm not sure. I'd play with the color.
    http://code.mneilsworld.com/
    Text Effects | Bubbles | Dynamic Resize
    4 weeks , 20 papers ... thats 2 dollars .....Caassshhh!

Alucard
    I dunno, personally I think the one on the top right with the lighthouse behind it was pretty good. I like it the best, it has an even flow of color and tone. It suggests simplicity and the other's with the fancy font seem way overdone. Outdoing yourself always isnt the right idea for a job. Over-achievement can sometimes make things seem less professional. You could make the oceano more appealing if you wanted to I suppose... But I like the simple to-the-point look of that particular logo.

imho the second one's colours look better but i think a stronger brand image could still be achieved. can any of the copy be reduced to strengthen it's impact? a brand short pop much like a nickname can!
    subgenius.com