A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: need some site feedback please

need some site feedback please

I did this site about a year and a half back, and I'm getting ready to do an update on it. Thought I might get some feedback from other 3dfa users before I got started.....

http://wendysphotoshoot.com

.....so anyway what do you like/dislike? Keep in mind that I only put the site together, the photo's etc. are not my responsibility.

Thanks in advance,
    Jason

Very nice work! Honestly, I don't have much to say on how it could be improved. Keep it up.
    BC

It's very good I think! The only thing I can mention is that it is to much height for my liking (I have screen resolution 1280-1024 and use IE 7 not full screen and with LIVE toolbar and something called VMN toolbar and sometimes I have Google toolbar also and then the tabs) and I disslike to have to roll a flash movie to see the top and bottom (off course if I disslike it too much I just need to fullscreen my IE or enlargen but my taste tells me not to - I want to have several windows cascaded on my windows desktop you know!). Perhaps 800x600 movie is what I prefer...

Thanks guys, I'll probably just add the new photos and leave everything else as is then(makes my job way simple )......

...SirN,

The site is in 2 seperate iframes, the second one(the main body) is 720x540. I've found that this is the best compromise size for my taste. It will show pretty well on all resolutions, and yeah it's meant to be viewed with IE maximized. In fact at your resolution the main body should center on your screen showing the menu at top with everything below it visible.

Again thanks,
    Jason
    Last edited by zoranvedek; 09-28-2007 at 01:40 PM.

Wow - Very good work. I hope to have the time to learn to achieve results as good as that!

Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by jmclaren
    Wow - Very good work. I hope to have the time to learn to achieve results as good as that!

Well done!
    .....to be honest that's really the rock bottom basics of 3dfa. I do very little "programming" as I'm first and foremost an artist. A good 90% of what's there was done using the "hide" and "show" features that are built into the program. The 2 major exceptions to this are the scrolling thumbnails on the "photo" page, and the contact form which I borrowed and modified from an example that used to be in the sticky threads(I think it was moved to the wiki)..........

Here's a site I did that's far more complex, http://www.thelovechildband.com/main.html .......

....check out the animation on the music page.

BTW almost all of the graphics where done in 3dfa with the exception of the band logo, the motorcycle rider, and the photos......

-J

If you have good websites built with 3DFA that you would like to show off, then don't be shy about adding a personal advert page to the wiki, to show off your best work.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

I might just do that eventually, but right now I'm up to my ears in work, and really don't want to encourage anything new until I get caught up with what's already on my plate.
    -J