A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Importing paths from Illustrator for 3D Model

Hybrid View

Importing paths from Illustrator for 3D Model

I want to make a 3D Model of my band's logo. I have adobe photshop and Illustrator [both the cs versions]. The logo has been drawn vector format in Illustrator and Paint Shop Pro. Is there a way to import this logo to make a 3D model of it? I have tried saving it as an SVG and when I open it in 3DFA I don't see anything.

I want to give it a touch of depth and have it rotate - for an avatar and other uses.

I also recenlty downloaded blender as I'm sure it can import AI files. but that program is WAY over my head - I'm not looking to create games and worlds. However if there is an easy way to import/export from blender to import into 3dfa that would be fine too.

Or am I going to have to redraw with the paint tools in 3DFA?

Thanks.

Normally I would say you could use texture mapping, but uh I can't seem to find where it is in the new 3DFA :P. Anyone know where it's hidden or if it has been added yet?
    BC

Try anim8or, http://www.anim8or.com should be easy enough..........

......export it from anim8or as a wavefront object(.obj) as opposed to 3ds.

-J

thanks for the input. I ended up making a model and texture mapping the logo onto it. not exactly what i wanted but it was good enought for a 3D Avatar. but then it wasn't compatible with myspace - which is what i wanted to make it for. [some kind of .gif compatability issue]
    -i'll check out the anim8or program.
    -did you find out where the texture mapping is on the new flash animator? i ended up using an old version that i didn't delete.

Why .GIF????? Myspace will take flash files, flash=smaller file size, and interactivity..........

....... http://www.myspace.com/theinvertednormals <-----my bands myspace, check out the flash animation in the middle of the page, not 3d but done with 3dfa........

-J

Quote Originally Posted by zoranvedek
    Why .GIF????? Myspace will take flash files, flash=smaller file size, and interactivity..........

....... http://www.myspace.com/theinvertednormals <-----my bands myspace, check out the flash animation in the middle of the page, not 3d but done with 3dfa........

-J
    ahh even better!. the flash quality is better than .gif too. thanks for the tip!