Here's the situation...

I have a client that is a factory authorized dealer for a namebrand product.
(I'll use Nike sneakers as a fictitious example.)
As part of the online SEO marketing campaign I registered several domains containing the brand and related keywords. i.e. nike.us, nike.info, nikesneakers.net, nikeshoes.com, nikefootwear.com, etc. and placed "mini-sites" on each domain that all link to the main site, joesshoeshop.com

Now the client has been contacted by the manufacturer to stop using any url that contains the brand name word, "nike".
Currently those "mini-sites" bring the client an extra $10k+ per month so you can understand the kind of despair the client is experiencing.

I can find plenty of legal examples and trademark infringement guidelines regarding a competing product, brand dilution, etc., but nothing concerning an authorized dealer of the actual namebrand product using the trademark.
It was my original understanding that online advertising (banner ads, ppc ads, page titles, urls, meta tags, page content, etc.) would have the same rights of usage as any other form of conventional advertising such as print, radio, and TV where the brand name and trademark are freely used to sell the actual product.

Can anyone offer any legal precedent either for or against this particular situation?