A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Blender Play Frames On Key Press And On Release Play Frames Backwards???

Working On An Online RPG grimm 88's Avatar

Blender Play Frames On Key Press And On Release Play Frames Backwards???

hi, i am using blender 3D and want to know wether while using it's game engine i could make a tyre speed up as long as the spacebar is pressed, and when the spacebar is released the frames start playing backwards...

i would settle for this, however i would also like for the frames to play back at half the speed of the origional frames, so that it looks like it is just stopped accelerating, not braking at the same time...

if possible i would like to keep this as an entirely blender based project, since blender has a built in 3D game engine that i am using and i would hate to have to build that myself!!!

anybody expirienced in blender animation please help me... since i really need the tyres speeding up while the spacebar is pressed and slowing down from the point that the player releases the button untill the tyre is stopped...

this is probrably not as simple as doing it in flash, since you cannot put actions on frames in blender (or at least to my knowledge) but i would be really grateful to anybody who could help me with this, otherwise the tyre would just suddenly start spinning when the spacebar is pressed without any easing in, and suddenly grind to a halt when the spacebar is released with no ease out...

come on... nobody knows how to do this... i'm sure it's possible for racing games!

even if there isn't a total solution, is there at least some quick way around it???

If I were you, I'd control all of that solely within Blender. But it's been years since I've even touched Blender.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

yeh.. i got it open source a few weeks ago, but before now i never even thought about using the game engine...

and yes, i am trying to do it all within blender, but i really need to know how to do this tyre spinning thing, because otherwise i won't even be able to start