A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Leopard issues

Leopard issues

I got Leopard installed yesterday, and of course CS3 Web Premium -
    first thing I noticed with flash is that cmd-z and cmd-y work as opposites :P
    In keyboard shortcuts window when I press cmd-z it shows cmd-y
    however when I type into textfield or AS editor it shows z and y correcly...

Have you encountered any problems with Leopard and Flash or Flex or other Adobe apps?

Exact same problem here. Our "Cmd-Z" is taken as "Cmd-W" (close window, very annoying...). We use a norwegian keyboard, and Leopard is set up correctly. Actually the keyboard shows this issue only in specific applications (Adobe Flash, Corel Painter) and for certain shortcuts (Cmd-Z)... Any help would be greatly appreciated !

You're best bet would be an Archive and Install of the OS from your Leopard disc.
    i'm obsessed with video games.

Adobe are due to release some patches in January or February for Leopard. Wait until then, is probably the best bet.

I have problems with some programs. Firework 8 does not work properly and one program opens but then closes saying there is an error. Also I need to repair the permissions all the time.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

So are you saying when you try to undo (command+z) you get redo or close window?
    That's really funny but I imagine it would suck for you.

I haven't been having these problems but when I try to take a screenshot, cmd+shift+4, it doesn't always work.
    Also, when it does work, instead of just capturing it goes straight to the "drag and capture" method which I think is meant to be toggled by the spacebar?

keyboards shortcuts are messed up at least in Flash CS3, Fireworks CS3, and Flexbuilder 3. AFAIK it's with Estonian keyboard layout. Not sure is it Adobe's or Apple's fault.

Flash CS3.3 ... cmd-z and cmd-y is still messed up. I wrote a support inquiry in my adobe account thingie ... man it is so tedious to contact adobe!.

Must be adobe's bug, since I have not set different keyboard layouts and I haven't touched the keyboard settings in flash. When you're typing, it's okay. I guess the program asks for a certain physical key to be pressed instead of the letter.

Anyhow, it sucks big time.

The second major gripe I have with flash cs3.3 is that when I cmd-tab to flash from another program, the stage and timeline are just white. I have to click to activate.

great, i just ordered a new mac this week and looks like i'll have to deal with the same crap once i install my adobe cs3 suite......
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

the most annoying part of Leopard and CS3 is the PDF making... get friendly with distiller as it will be your friend
    "All men are equal. All men, that is, who possess umbrellas."
    E.M. Forster

Quote Originally Posted by J-Luv
    great, i just ordered a new mac this week and looks like i'll have to deal with the same crap once i install my adobe cs3 suite......
    Not if you use an English layout

but isnt that what everyone in this post has done?

i should have my software installed by the end of tonight though so i'lll be finding out the hard way.
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio