A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: loadMovie causing blank screens between swf's - I'm running out of time !!!

Unhappy loadMovie causing blank screens between swf's - I'm running out of time !!!

I am currently setting up a flash which involves stringing together 6 swf files. All will be read from a single directory, and will be kicked off by a 'Control' exe. I'd prefer not to import the swf's into the control movie's library.

The control.exe that starts the first swf contains the following code:

var placeholder:MovieClip = this.createEmptyMovieClip("placeholder", getNextHighestDepth ());
    loadMovie("Movie1.swf", placeholder);

After Movie1.swf plays, the last frame of the movie contains the code:
    loadMovie("Movie2.swf", placeholder);

The last frame of Movie2.swf says loadMovie("Movie3.swf", placeholder);....and on and on

This code all works fine. However. when each movie switches over to the next movie, there is about a 1 second burp of white screen. I have even tried using basic loadMovie and loadMovieNum code and still have the same problem.

Any clues. I'm not understanding if this has something to do with the swf files, or the way I am using loadMovie.

This is something I need to fix by Nov. 15th so I am getting desperate.

Thx.

Well, you're replacing the contents of the clip with another movie, so everything disappears until it has something to show. If the white itself is the problem, you should be able to place something else (say a solid color) behind "placeholder" and have it show through during those moments.

If the problem is any pause at all, you'll want to preload the movies prior to the last frame.