A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: dynamic text not shown OL, please help!

dynamic text not shown OL, please help!

I've been searching for the solution for days now, and still cannot find an answer, so I would reaaaaally be very appreciative if someone would help me:

I have a txt file that I want to be imported to a dynamic text box in Flash. I've made everything like in the tutorial, and it works fine locally, but when I upload it, it simply doesn't work! (it's totally empty)
    I know one of the problems could be it's case sensitive online, , but I have checked it all, and the problem is not in that.
    Is there anything else I should pay attention to, some file which should be present besides swf and txt, or sth else???

And one more thing, I would like some of the text to be a link to another window, with particular size. Therefore, I have tried to put some javascript to txt file, but then it doesn't work not locally nor online!!! With just a href tag it works normally (just locally, of course), but then I cannot control the size of the window...

If someone woult be that kind to look at it, it's on http://www.inet.hr/~jhecimov/pro/ (swf is the one which doesn't work, and the fla is there also)

Official FK nice guy and MOD 3PRIMATES's Avatar
    Well, to state the obvious, your text file is empty.
    Might want to check on that first.

3P

Aiii,
    thnx a lot, but now... it's not empty on my comp, and it's not empty on the server when I open it with Dreamweaver.
    I uploaded it with Dreamweaver, is that wrong?? Maybe I should try with some other program, or change some settings?

Thanks a lot, really!

Yes, I've uploaded it with FTP Cute, and it works fine...
    Thanks a lot 3P, You helped me a lot (although it was pretty stupid, but I would never check uploaded txt file...)