A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Inspiration

--===00OO00===--

Inspiration

I mean, you all are good...but...damn...None of us has anything on this..

One of my fav's

Just by following some of their rules. The battles in this place could be so much better. (small psds, instead of jpegs.)

Just look though the top 10 on the first link... I feel like I suck so much. (Even though I do kinda suck.)
    "For an assassin he...he is pretty nice." ~The Darkness that Comes Before

The Catalyst Corp.

It's not that fantastic. Lots of the components haven't been integrated as well as the might be. For example we have the horse in the foreground sharp, then the midground horse blurry, then the castle in the background is sharp again? It's good, but could be better.

I'd have to agree with ctranter on this one. I'm not even a big fan of that image. The blending could have been done so much better, a lot of the colors dont match and again, the sharpness of the foreground horse bugs me.

I have to agree with Ctranter there is some good work there but there is a lot of mistakes there too. For me they seem to go for the obvious element of the image and then usually in the same place as the previous image. There was moments but as anyone else those guys can use more practice on placement use of elements and blending of the elements used. A nice contribution non the less though E oh and welcome I don"t think I have seen you around before though I tend to float in and out.
    "What do you call a mouse's Shadow in the second moon?"

Their rules are interesting, but you can only add a single layer for your drop? I also don't like the fact that all judging is done by the mysterious 'Battle Elder Council'. As for the images themselves, I honestly have to say there are quite a few people here who are quite capable of coming up with something similar or better than what they have over there.

So yeah, they have some pretty cool images and some interesting ideas, but the FK Arena could kick their ass any day of the week. (any day that we could actually get our people together to do it, that is...but that's just because people are busy)
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

i know i'm not the one that should be talking about mistakes in an image, but ALL of those images you posted have serious lighting issues. Not one of them is perfect.

Now, for some positive feedback on this. They are composed nicely. That's about it.

I've seen a TON of images here that are better than those. And now i'm going to drop some names of some pretty talented people you should search out who could tear that guy apart:

Fearless
    Ondraedon
    Dricciotti
    Gerbick
    Flashlight
    Ctranter
    CreativeInsomnia
    ....there's a TON more. But go to advanced search, enter their name, specify the arena. Hopefully their images are still up in the arena. You WILL be impressed.

And you obviously missed the March Madness battle this year. Search that one too.

--===00OO00===--
    ....That was the wrong link....I was copying link and got the wrong one. This and this are better.

Remember, with the sharpening. Those are blow ups of a 800x600 image.

I have seen those battles, and I did see march madness.

These people stay consistent on their battles and are all only 3 day turn around or forfeit...umm...people here can have weeks...Thus, quality much better...

The Catalyst Corp.

so then...go there?

The last ones you posted are a little better. Nothing we havent seen here at FK though.

Are you trying to stir up a challenge out of all of this?

--===00OO00===--
    Maybe...If I think about it I might just do something near this. See how it works.

The Catalyst Corp.

im curious as to what the people on that site due for a living, id guess the majority of them either work int eh digital art field, or are student in art school. the people here are parents, IT people, Website designers/programers and just do photoshop as a hobby.

and again none of those battles has anything on the fearless ond battle. Or half the stuff gerbick, evp and ctranter, CI bust out
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

They just have developed a different style over there. It's not worth saying either group is better. Any of their players would be lost over here with the extreme attention to detail this arena emphasizes. Think about the texturing, text treatment, and extreme photorealism that our players turn out.

That said, I'm sure if the FK arena had as many battles and kept on top of them the way they do, we all would smack the crap out of them.

SAMedia Blog (general bs) :: jwinmedia (my music site)
    "Think of an advertisement where the product you're marketing is Jesus!"
    -From a work for hire ad