A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: FK Red vs. FK Blue :: Discussion Thread

The text on his image so far surpasses the others in it's effectiveness in drawing the attention into and down the image so far imho.

A bit more cartoony than most would prefer, but it works in my book. My opinion.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I like it too. It does stick out a little bit, but I think it fits in nicely with the whole evel keneivel (sp) theme!

Good job Pea, even if you are playing for the enemy!
    Sigs R4 Suckers! Wait... I mean.... nevermind...

Quote Originally Posted by whispers
    'pacster' is a wild one..
    Pakster

Ah you can't please everyone. I think it works for the image. The image could also work with out it just fine. lol Just having some fun.

Thanks G and Nats!!
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by pea3698
    Thanks G and Nats!!
    Oh I see how it is... fine... FK you then!

lol Sandy. Sorry mate. Didn't see your post before posting.

AND A HUGE THANKS TO SANDYRIVERS!!
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;

*calls in the Emergency Response Team*

Team Red: "Medic! We need a medic in here! We've got a man down!"

Medic: *sets down equipment* "Alright, what have we got?"

Team Red: "Oh god, it was horrible! We were just sitting here watching the mascots go at it and all of the sudden this big ass frickin' bomb lands on our heads! Ya gotta help him, Doc. He's got kids. And a dog. And a mistress. He can't check out now, Doc! Is there anything you can do?"

Medic: "I don't know, it looks pretty bad." *turns him over* "Wait a minute...where's his other arm?"

Team Red: "Huh, what? Oh no, it's worse than we thought! Quick, get that man some liquor! And a cigarette. And some morphine while you're at it. We're not bloody savages, man! We've got to take care of our own. Thank god the women and children are safe, at least."

Medic: *squak on the radio* "kkkkkkkkkkk...We've got a Code 9 in Sector 7, I repeat a Code 9 in Sector 7! They hit the underground bunker...we need stretchers and all the bactine you can carry! For the love of all that's holy, hurry up...we've got wounded...kkkkkkkkkk...say again, angels down, there's a viper in the pit!...kkkkkkkkk"

Team Red: "Oh sweet mercy...not the women and children...they saw it, too? Christ...they all had so much to look forward to...now little Billy may never get to see another sunrise... *hangs head, wipes tear, looks up with new resolve* Alright people, let's get this place cleaned up! You over there...collect what you can of the bodies and see if you can't match up all the pieces for transport to their families. And you...I need that espresso machine up and running again, stat! We need command functions back online before the next assault!"

Medic: "Um yeah, I gotta go...if you find that guy's arm let me know."
    __________________________________________________ ___

Now THAT is what I'm talkin' about, Pea! Way to show us how it's done, my man. You've got the wicked color scheme goin' on, and I absolutely love the imagery and conceptual touches that you've added. The angel/devil symbology is especially clever in my opinion. I'm going to agree only somewhat in regard to the text, but only in that I think it could maybe use a little shading here and there. Even without that though, I think it works just great.

Way to bring it, bud. I think that might be the best thing I've seen you produce.
    Last edited by RUSHVision; 12-05-2007 at 03:41 PM.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

... I'll have what he's having!

Quote Originally Posted by RUSHVision
    [size=1]...now little Billy may never get to see another sunrise...
    Come here little Billy, i'll keep you . KICK SMACK BAM Take that you red blooded bastad. My dog needs a snack and you and your friends daddies didn't do the trick.

WHAM BAM KICK SMACK.

Figgin little Billy. He had a bright future. Till his kind got hooked on the red crank that is.

LOL
    Thanks Rush. It has some rough spots and I did almost take the logo out and put a friggin dreamcatcher in there. And dude I don't think the espresso machine needs to be fixed lol
    ------------------

so it's the devils (team red) vs. the angels (team blue)

then let me transform into the lord of the flies and maybe i can make the angels cry

Now you guys are in for it...dousing the lights won't help. This one can see in the dark and there is no escaping his vengeful wrath.

Give 'em one for little Billy, Ingo!
    mrush

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSHVision
    Now you guys are in for it...dousing the lights won't help. This one can see in the dark and there is no escaping his vengeful wrath.

Give 'em one for little Billy, Ingo!
    You DO realize that I am next...

done

preview attached

Just for you, my friend...

Excerpt from The Chronicles of E

This week's episode...
    Let The Angels Weep

And lo, the cherubs sang softly as they helped one of their greatest warriors don his sacred armor in preparation for the coming battle. Their song was tinged with sadness for they knew he might not return. The beating of their feathery wings muted by their sorrow, the task took longer than otherwise it might have, and left room for a quiet sense of foreboding in a place usually filled with the rythmic cadence of their excited fluttering and eager attendance. Their tiny hands shook as they fastened the last buckles and tied the final laces. It was only reluctantly that they would meet his stoic gaze as he said his silent goodbyes to the only home he has ever known. It was difficult to contemplate the loss should he fail in his task, but it was for all of this that he took to the field. The Almighty Blue must not fall!

"Please my lord, you must not go.", pleaded one forlorn cherub. "We love you sire, and cannot stand the thought of losing you! Surely there must be another way!" His puffy fingers pressed tightly into flesh as he clung to the neck of Team Blue's stalwart champion. Rivers of tears flowed from eyes glistening with a combination of desperation and worship. He pressed himself suddenly into his master's chest and clung there trembling and shaking, his fragile wings feebly heaving in time with his labored sobs.

His lilting whimpers became a somber and echoing counterpoint to the chorus of wordless regret that rose from the rest of his brethren as they fluttered about their lord and master. Each placed a hand upon him, lending strength to their brother's plea. From them came a resonance of mourning that was audible to the soul. It was the sound of sadness, the sound of a thousand hearts breaking, and it nearly broke that of the warrior who held the tiny cherub tightly to his chest. It was only his great love for them that made him pause. He knew that for him there was only one path to follow. The path that led to victory or to death.

The mighty Archangel E smiled then, and a shaft of sunlight pierced the darkness from above, bathing them in a warm golden glow. He placed a hand upon the cherub's head that lay weeping upon his chest, tenderly wiping away his tears. "You must not fear, little one. The challenge has been laid and I must answer the call. To each of us falls our own duty, and this is mine. I fight for the honor of Team Blue this day, as I have done since the beginning of time. So it shall be until the end."

Steeling himself for the battle to come, he gently pulled the cherub from him and released him to join his brothers. Hearts heavy, they sank slowly to the floor as the Archangel E gathered his helmet, placed it upon his head and took flight to strike a blow for the Almighty Blue...

To be continued once Team Red's full drop has been posted...
    mrush

wake up gerbick, wake up

Damn... just when I decided to sleep in, go into work perhaps late... blammo.

I have an image from Ingo some 6 hours prior. That's right folks... a masterpiece in under 15 hours. Good work deepcode.

Next up for team blue... EVP.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

i like it deepcode, i like it a lot

Dude, you did not disappoint. More to come...
    mrush

Very good work there Deepcode. Nice one.

And now for the second installment of this week's episode...
    Let The Angels Weep...Rise Of The Flies

Having just bedded a dozen of The Almighty Blue's most comely angels, Beelzego quaffed the last of his wine from the skull that he used as a drinking vessel. It was one of his most treasured possessions, having once belonged to an upstart Archangel who had once dared challenge his dominion. He turned it in his hand, admiring the way the light from the flickering torches reflected off the many facets of the rubies embedded in the eye sockets. He smiled to himself, remembering how he had ripped it from his spine after feasting on his beating heart.

The Lord of the Flies slipped from his reverie and turned to grab the hair of the nearest angel, who had been slowly stroking his inner thigh with her fingertips and gently running her lips across his regal red skin while he savored his wine and his victory. Pulling her roughly to him, he once again began to show them the true meaning of heaven.

Satiated at last...at least for now...Beelzego rose and crossed to the window to look out upon his domain. The path leading to his castle was lined with the heads of his enemies and decorated with their entrails. He looked with satisfaction as his minions added another head, it's fearful gaze frozen for eternity in abject terror. "Ah well, such is the fate of those who oppose Team Red." His deep voice vibrating the stones themselves with it's power. With a hearty laugh that brought the hellhounds to their feet from their place by the blazing hearth, he sent one of his angel concubines to refill his skull and looked out across the fields of brimstone and flame to check on the progress of the seige engine.

It stood a thousand severed heads high, and it was still only halfway complete. Powered by the souls of the innocent and the pleas of the damned, it was to be bristling with weaponry, annointed in sin, and hell-bent on destruction. With this they would storm the heavens and spread The Word of Red throughout the world.

Upon being struck with a sudden thought, he summoned his Chief Architect to his chambers. "I want those walls to be dripping with blood. I want it be literally flowing down the walls and staining our opponents with the color of their doom. You know what? Let's make it virgin blood. We can do that, right?" Small jets of flame danced on the tips of his horns as he slowly swung his head around to hear the answer.

"It shall be done, my Lord!" The chain that fastened his barbed whip to his belt clanked against his burnished steel leg as he quickly drew himself up to meet the gaze of his master. He was a large and fearsome man himself, but he still paled in comparison to the massive creature of legend who stood before him. Beelzego radiated an aura of might so powerful he had to constantly dampen it's effects lest it burn those around him to ash.

Not comfortable with the full attention of his master upon him, he once again felt the familiar urge to quickly say something to his Lord's liking. "My Lord, if I may be so bold as to suggest...I've been thinking about what we could do to with all of these bodies that have been piling up. The slaves have been dropping like flies since we don't allow them to sleep or eat. I was thinking we could grind them up into sort of a paste then feed them to the sabre-toothed raptor lions. That would keep them from chewing on my men and maybe get rid of this stink."

Beelzego looked contemplative for a moment. "Is that what that is? I been wondering. I didn't want to say anything, but I thought it was you." His laughter was more chilling than comforting as he draped his enormous arm around the shoulders of his Chief Architect. "I jest, my good man. Go now. You may choose one of my concubines to take with you as a reward for your service. Use her as you will." Turning away, he grabbed one of the angels and tossed her into the fireplace. This time his laughter shook the foundations of heaven itself.

And so the battle raged on...

Absolutely stunning image, Ingo. Truly masterfully done. Those colors are on the money, and I love the vibrancy and richness of the image. Every element lends itself to the story you are trying to tell, from the angel's tearful expression to the devil's gloating leer and confident stance. Your code indeed runs deep, maestro. Well done and then some.
    mrush