A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Accessing multiple .swf files from a Projector

Accessing multiple .swf files from a Projector

I am in the initial stages of creating an interactive CD that will inevitably become a website version of itself. Since it will be a website eventually, I am building the whole thing in Flash 8 and for the CD will be publishing the index page as a Mac & PC projector. I am not concerned about autorunning the files because I will have the viewer choose between a Mac or PC icon to start the projector. I've read a couple threads that suggest Projecting the index page as it's own Flash player and everything else should follow through as it would on a posted website. This does work to a degree except when a button is released my web browser opens the file. I'd rather the whole "site" be contained in the projector and not have to worry whether or not the user has web browsers on their computer. I will be dealing with several .html and .swf files that are accessed through a Navigation bar in the file and as I mentioned would like everything to function as it would as a posted website.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

I believe I've figured it out. As long as the home page has a container which loads external .swf files when prompted via button release, and is published as a projector, all pages load fine.
    By using _root.container.loadMovie("filename.swf") through the nav bar of the other .swfs you can still control everything through the home page. Thanks to all who might have spent time contemplating my issue.