A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help with images in Flash please!

Help with images in Flash please!

Hi all,
    For my course we have to create a website in Flash, never using Flash before its a learn as I go process. So I'm hoping those more advanced in Flash can help me out.
    I've created my background and imagery etc that I want to use in Photoshop, but when I take the elements out of Photoshop and import them into Flash they're very pixelated. I've taken the images into flash through File>Import to library, and the Photoshop images etc being saved in PNG format. The images have also been created in Photoshop to the exact pixel size I want them to be in Flash, so I'm not resizing imagery in Flash as Photoshops better at that, so that image distortion isn't through resizing in Flash. Does anyone know how to stop them pixelating and have the images the same quality as I have them in Photoshop, or where I might be going wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

There are two places you can adjust the compression rate of your jpg.

The first is to right click on the file in the library and go to Properties. You can change the compression from jpg to lossless png/gif, then click test. The compression rate will show the difference in file size.

You can also go into the File/Publish Settings/Flash Tab and set the compression rate for jpg to a higher setting.

You will have to experiment to see which works best for your file.

Thanks a lot for that, I changed the dpi and then took the images into Flash and the quality then stayed the same.