A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: loadMovie() question..With Screenshot.

Tha 4th Die'Mention beyond the Plane of Tranquility

loadMovie() question..With Screenshot.

Hello Flash Ninja's!

Thank you for taking the time to view my question. I hope I can explain myself properly. Below is a screenshot to help.

I am developing a website and to save time I am using some tools I bought online. I would like to add these to my main.fla but the Web Photo Gallery and CoffeCup Calendar only publish .swf's and have no .fla with them.

How do I get these components into the main.fla like shown in the picture?

P.S. Could I just make tables in Dreamweaver and have the menu.swf control my other.swf in a different cell of the same table? This would solve everything but I dont think it will work.

AS3 Mod
    Do you have two empty movieclips on stage that should be loading your external swf files? I can't tell from your images. Also make sure you have your empty clips named.

I can kind of read your code loadMovie but it's too small and disorted for my eyes.

Thanks sstalder for your reply!

Indeed I do have two empty movie clips on the main stage. Below is my sweet AS2.0 with errors.

//My sweet code in frame 1!!!!!
    loadMovie("gallery.swf","mySquare");
    loadMovie("mycalendar.swf","myCalendar");

//Errors
    Error opening URL 'file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/jfire/Desktop/Beta/Main.xml'
    Error opening URL 'file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/jfire/Desktop/Beta/thumbnails/' //*This is for the photo gallery and the one below is the same as well.
    Error opening URL 'file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/jfire/Desktop/Beta/images/'

AS3 Mod
    It appears to me that the gallery.swf and mycalendar.swf requires those files and directories. Do you have them created?

Sometimes this also wont work locally, have you tried testing on the web?

The files are located in the same folder as the main. I never thought about testing on the web though. Thanks for the idea and for the help!