A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] slightly newbie...need help w/resizing stage

resolved [RESOLVED] slightly newbie...need help w/resizing stage

Hi All,

Is there a way such as a pull down menu or button or technique that can help me resize the dimensions of an entire flash movie (stage and contents) all at once???

I have 16 Flash files that all need to be resized from 1024 X 768 to 600 X450.

The problem is that in Flash Professional 8. All I can do simply is resize the stage. I've tried another suggestion that I saw on this site which was to use the Edit Multiple Frames button, select all layers and use the Free Transform tool to type in 600 width and 450 height. However the swf still showed at the old dimensions with all of the newly 600 X 400 stuff in the smaller area.

I know that there are some geniouses here who have just the quick fix for me - -- so I'm all ears! I'm just a little hesitant to use any Actionscripting to do this because from other postings, I hear that the quality of the movie gets compromised.

Thanks in Advance and Happy Holidays!

unless im not understanding, it looks like you already found your solution via edit multiple frames, all you still had to do was change your move dimension to 600x450 on the properties bar (it's there once you deselect everything). Hopefully it's that easy!
    Evolve Designs Interactive Media
    the natural selection

I'm not expert, but what you might be able to do is go to the Publish Settings and change the dimensions to a percentage to scale it down. Sometimes this creates distortion, but you could give it a try.