A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pretty cool multiplayer Pictionary game

Manic

Pretty cool multiplayer Pictionary game

Hi Guys

For once a post about something I did not make myself
    One of my friends just finished translating his Pictionary game to english and I think its pretty damn awesome.

He is however looking for a bit of feedback but is not the huge forum guy himself so he asked me to post it here.

Check it out over here
    http://nonoba.com/rarara/skissa

Elvis...who tha f**k is Elvis? phreax's Avatar
    I won't lie! THAT GAME ROCKED!
    I couldn't help getting caught in the guesswork! Tell your friend he did a great job, and that it's a great idea!

I like that it tells if you are close to a word like "boat" is close to "sailboat". Some work has definitely been put into it!
    Streets Of Poker - Heads-Up Texas Hold'em Poker Game

Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by phreax
    I won't lie! THAT GAME ROCKED!
    I couldn't help getting caught in the guesswork! Tell your friend he did a great job, and that it's a great idea!

I like that it tells if you are close to a word like "boat" is close to "sailboat". Some work has definitely been put into it!
    I shall be sure to tell him!

Also if some of you guys have ideas for wordlists, they would be appreciated!

Seriously good game.
    Could be the next LineRider if put in the ride hands. Joke you not.
    Very addictive

Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKris
    Seriously good game.
    Could be the next LineRider if put in the ride hands. Joke you not.
    Very addictive
    Any idears for how to promote it?

Game Player - Developer scheletro's Avatar
    Great game, pretty cool with a wacom tablet, lol

"I love to make them as I love to play them"

Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by scheletro
    Great game, pretty cool with a wacom tablet, lol
    hey thats cheating!

Pumpkin Carving 2008 ImprisonedPride's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure the sync is all screwed. I just got done playing a round, and the time continues for a good 5 seconds after the word was guessed. And 2 out of my three turns drawing, my round was just ended before the word was guessed or time ran out.

Nice. However if you are going to call it "english" at least use proper english. For instance, "sofa" is a couch and "candy" is a sweet. Both versions should be accepted. Apart from that a really fun game.
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

nice game. great concept!

wordlist;
    http://wordlist.sourceforge.net/
    Graphics Attract, Motion Engages, Gameplay Addicts
    XP Pro | P4 2.8Ghz | 2Gb | 80Gb,40Gb | 128Mb DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by ImprisonedPride
    I'm pretty sure the sync is all screwed. I just got done playing a round, and the time continues for a good 5 seconds after the word was guessed. And 2 out of my three turns drawing, my round was just ended before the word was guessed or time ran out.

Hmm I played it way to much but have not seen what you are describing there, you might be really really really lagged :-/

Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by tidenburg
    Nice. However if you are going to call it "english" at least use proper english. For instance, "sofa" is a couch and "candy" is a sweet. Both versions should be accepted. Apart from that a really fun game.
    As I said write us a new wordlist!

Quote Originally Posted by BlinkOk
    nice game. great concept!

wordlist;
    http://wordlist.sourceforge.net/
    The problem with such wordlists are that they contain all kinds of stuff thats simply irelevant or to hard to draw, for a much better game someone who actually think it would be fun has to sit down and create their own.

Now tell me whos watchin...... samvillian's Avatar
    u should put antidisestablishmentarianism on that list......
    great game

Really great game! I do find the design a bit annoying, but other than that it's loads of fun.

The game is very fun and addictive. I can see it fitting right into miniclip or yahoo. I think it could use more graphical polish as far as windowing prettiness but that's the only minor complaint I can come up with.

One of those concepts that makes you say - "wish I had thought of that".

Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by samvillian
    u should put antidisestablishmentarianism on that list......
    great game
    Does this mean you volunteer to write wordlists?

THANKS man!

Pumpkin Carving 2008 ImprisonedPride's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Q-Rious
    Hmm I played it way to much but have not seen what you are describing there, you might be really really really lagged :-/

Doubt it, I'm on a gigabit connection here. It lag was truly the culprit it would have had to have been the server, with all 4 of us playing...

Perhaps the flow of the game just seems a bit shy of smooth. Seems like there's more action than direction and it's pretty confusing. Oh and is there anything that seperates this game from Yahoo! Grafitti? It's almost a clone.

This game is amazing! I love it! I'm addicted already. I played for only a little while and started to see some of the same words again, so just make more words. Don't want to win on memory alone. lol

Thanks for showing me this game, it's amazing and it's tuns of fun. Tell your friend this game is a great contribution to multi player flash games, and thanks a lot for this spectacular game. Keep up the good work, Agent Q's friend

Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by ImprisonedPride
    Doubt it, I'm on a gigabit connection here. It lag was truly the culprit it would have had to have been the server, with all 4 of us playing...

Perhaps the flow of the game just seems a bit shy of smooth. Seems like there's more action than direction and it's pretty confusing. Oh and is there anything that seperates this game from Yahoo! Grafitti? It's almost a clone.
    It might be my peering at home. I host it on a home server for now its on a 40/40mbit connection, but who knows how its peered into the intertron.

Related to if its a clone or not, I do not actually know, but I think it would be hard to do a game like this any other way

Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauceofallevils
    This game is amazing! I love it! I'm addicted already. I played for only a little while and started to see some of the same words again, so just make more words. Don't want to win on memory alone. lol

Thanks for showing me this game, it's amazing and it's tuns of fun. Tell your friend this game is a great contribution to multi player flash games, and thanks a lot for this spectacular game. Keep up the good work, Agent Q's friend
    I shall tell him you love the game

Related to word lists, you are so right, we have had the chance to get a bit of action on the game this evening and it was pretty obvious that we need much larger wordlists.. care to help?