A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Urgent help needed regarding Northcode's "ncstart" !!!!!

Urgent help needed regarding Northcode's "ncstart" !!!!!

(I'm relatively new to this flash world.. so plz forgive me if I'm having a very stupid problem)

I recently created a flash projector (our college batch souvenir-video)--- batch.exe.

Wanted to make an autorun CD which would launch the batch.exe maximized (not fullscreen) on pressing a button from a central projector--- Start.exe

I tried Northcode's winstate.exe using batch file but but couldn't make it work..

Then came across His newer "ncstart.exe" in these threads......

Did the following things ----

Placed :----- start.exe in the root of the CD

and in the folder 'fscommand'---- I placed :
    1--- abc.exe (i.e renamed proxy.exe)
    2--- abc.bat
    3--- batch.exe
    4--- ncstart.exe

The script i added to to the button in start.exe to launch batch.exe maximized is----

Code:
    on (release) {
        fscommand("Exec","abc.exe");
    }

Entered the following in the abc.bat ----
    Code:
    ncstart.exe /e {startdir}\batch.exe /m

Then with all set when I pressed the button on start.exe---- -----

It did open the batch.exe but only the sound that i had put in it... no window appeared... moreover the whole desktop got jammed n batch.exe wasn't even showing in the taskbar... the sound was playing from nowhere....
    The only way i could stop the sound then was to start windows taskmanager n kill batch.exe.

where did the window for batch.exe vanish ??

but when i open batch.exe directly.... it opens alright..

I urgently(in few days) need a solution to this(opening the projector maximized automatically).....

Am using Windows XP n the Flash version of the batch.exe i created is 8.

Humbly calling for help.... Plzz Help !!

Can someone Help me.... Does ncstart.exe and winstate.exe actually work still ????

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    Everything you've done looks right. Does batch.exe use any external files or is everything inside the projector? It it depends on external files we may have a pathing issue. If it's self-contained can you send a copy batch.exe to me (support@northcode.com) so I can see if it's working or not.

Thank you so much N start for replying.... Sorry couldn't check as pre university were on... I just couldn't make it work... Guess it was a bit too big... No external links to any file were there though had added some hotkeys functions to some transparent buttons for navigation....

I wanted the batch.exe to open maximized as the audio-video synchrony was behaving differently in different desktops of different pixels when in fullscreen.....

But then I made it fullscreen with scaling Flase--- to fix the pixel of my movie in all desktops.... So my problem got solved that way...

Guess am wrong somewhere regarding the NCstart.... will send u the file in sometime to test...

Thank you once again for your immence helping attitude..

However I really was wondering--- Is there no way by which audio can be controlled along with the video... I mean can it be PAUSED in between other than just stopping n starting fresh.