A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metro.Siberia - new game

Metro.Siberia - new game

Hi. Just wanted to promote my new game a bit :-)
    It has a nice retro-style and some sweet Sega Genesis-like soundtracks. I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.salomonsson.se/siberia

would be glad to hear some feedback

Cheers
    /Tommy Salomonsson
    www.salomonsson.se

I enjoyed it quite a bit. The presentation is very very nice. I found when viewing the instructions and the highs scores that it took too long to see what I wanted.

Nice!

this is the best variation on this game i've played- nice. the music's great, responsive menu (but slow scrolling instructional text). nice backgrounds, simple graphics- all in all very good.

it'd be nice if you linked to the game without your very polished but enormous intro!

yes, very nice. i played a version of this somewhere else and i could never really get very far, plus, it got very boring seeing the same squares over and over again as the walls.
    i like the way you made the walls close in as the character progresses as well as the variety of the scenery

When you know are. Son of Bryce's Avatar
    This is a sweet game. I like how you've taken an old simple game and made it fresh by designing an interesting world with a story, cool artwork, and a kickass soundtrack. I think it's exciting how the world is actually alive.

I would say that you should try pushing it a bit further by adding in power-ups and checkpoints. Most definitely checkpoints. Not too much fun having to start off from the beginning everytime when it's so easy to make a mistake. Maybe a checkpoint power-up that you have to touch to activate.

This game reminds me of a top-down space shooter game that I had on Genesis way back when. It's the soundtrack that does it.

Pumpkin Carving 2008 ImprisonedPride's Avatar
    Hmmm, did I just set every highscore with one playthrough? I think I did... Might want to up the difficulty. The hard course was not really all that different from the easy course in my oppinion.

You have a winning presentation there. Very sleek and techy, fitting right in with the rest of the game. I'm kind of wishing there was a volume or mute option on the front page, but I might have missed it. I gave it about 10 minutes of my time, so excellent work.
    The 'Boose':
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 TUF
    Intel Core i7-2600K Quad-Core Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz Overclocked to 4.2GHz
    8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3
    ASUS ENGTX550 TI DC/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 1GDDR5 (Overclocked to 1.1GHz)
    New addition: OCZ Vertex 240GB SATA III SSD
    WEI Score: 7.6

Awesome game in all areas. You've taken a super simple game concept and made it the best version I have seen by far!

Presentation is superb, and as already mentioned, you're literallybrought the world to life which just adds a whole new element to the gameplay. I'm looking forward to seeing any future games.

Viza.

very cool. you do have to get rid of or cut down that intro though. people are just not gonna wait.
    i got a high score and it added it to the high scores for every level
    Graphics Attract, Motion Engages, Gameplay Addicts
    XP Pro | P4 2.8Ghz | 2Gb | 80Gb,40Gb | 128Mb DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

I think your highscore list has a bug... I played only the easiest stage, got a lot of points and was first on all stages.
    But nevermind that, the game rocks. Finally something old and seen before but fresh and well presented.
    Good work.

Thanks for the kind words, and thanks a lot for the feedback.
    Great that you found the hiscore bug. I haven't been able to recreate it myself, but I will take a closer look at it this evening.
    I will also see if I can fix the instructions/hiscore presentation a bit.

Once again. Thanks a lot guys.
    /Tommy Salomonsson
    www.salomonsson.se

very nice presentation - and even if I really don't like those kind of games - I played it for far to long (I guess that's a good sign).

great work.

nGFX

ps: found that highscore bug, too.

Junior Senior
    I'm guessing with all these people finding the high score bug that it is only happening locally. I got it as well on the first run through, but after that it seemed to work fine, except that mine were the only scores above 500.

Anyway, really great take on the theme, I thought the difficulty ramped up just fine. Only concern for me was load time.
    Signature

Well... the hiscores are only stored locally (should probably change the header to "Your Hiscore").

And all of you gives great feedback. This gives me a lot of imporovements to think about!
    /Tommy Salomonsson
    www.salomonsson.se

You forgot to remove the stuff that appear when you press ]
    Good game anyway, i've played it a lot

I love it I had fun playing it. You improved a lot the original concept with moving walls/ennemies. Well done !

nice game
    only problem is the high score bug

can't wait to beat level 2 (tried it a couple times after beating level 1)

Finally managed to remove that nasty hiscore-bug. Thanks a lot for pointing it out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cimmerian
    You forgot to remove the stuff that appear when you press ]
    Cimmerian > I'm not really sure what you mean.

It really makes me happy that you all seems to like the game.
    /Tommy Salomonsson
    www.salomonsson.se

Love it, but I wish you would display the control instructions BEFORE the player is expected to be playing. When level 1 starts, my eyes are on the ship, not on the messages at the top.

Game Player - Developer scheletro's Avatar
    Very nice and very smooth

Incredible how some nice graphics, cool music and a neat game play make a project really fun

I just got 906

"I love to make them as I love to play them"

It's really cool. Very polished and the moving scenery is great.

Chiming what everyone else has said - the mute needs to be more visible and the text scrolling is annoying.

Here's a piece of advice, (what I'd do anyway). The keyboard focus tip, p to pause, so to toggle sound, and the basic instructions (space to thrust) would all fit on the start page. Put them there, from the start with no scrolling. Every one will see them and they won't have to wait for scrolling.

Also if you're worried about them not being focused force them to use click to start so the flash has the focus. There enough of a pause at the start that it shouldn't be a problem for the user.