A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: on(rollover) play movie, on(rollout) exit movie..

on(rollover) play movie, on(rollout) exit movie..

I just need a simple solution. Using actionscript 2.0

I have a button
    actions:

on (rollOver) {
    gotoAndPlay("agentbarnes5")
    }

on (rollOut) {
    gotoAndPlay("agentbarnes5, 15")
    }

basically, I want it to load the movie "agentbarnes5", which it does. But I have a stop in place at frame 14. I want it to then play frame 15 (which fades out)... to give the effect that the user let off the thumbnail(button) and moved onto the next one which would do the same thing..

Not sure if I did the play this movie at this frame part correctly. It's been years since I used flash, any help would be appreciated.

OK,

I got the effect I want, however it loades all movies in the frame label. Right now I have two thumbnails, same script applied to each button (same as above in first post - rollout, I have it reload the frame label on rollout which looks great) but calling a different movie. I have the movies on seperate layers, but when you roll over either of the buttons, it loads BOTH movies, one behind the other. I just want it to load the movie I called to play. I tried putting each on a different frame too.

I don't know why I can't find a simple script for this.

on (rollOver) {
    gotoAndPlay ("moviename")
    }

that should load up the movie script by its name, correct????? It seems to do so, but it only does it for one movie script. I just don't see why it won't work.

I work 10am-6pm and this final project is due at 6pm. I have 2 hrs to figure it out. Hopefully someone can please help me.