A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: onPress will not load play the frame label.

onPress will not load play the frame label.

I have everything named correctly I have checked it so many times to see if i spelled something wrong.

i know theres a better way to build this site. but i have limited knowledge and limited time. this is due thursday morning. lame.

I cant get my buttons i have created to play the frames they coordinate with.

Ive checked naming so many times.

if anyone could help me I would be ever so grateful.
    Attached Files Attached Files

It's not working because you have assigned the onPress action of the sub buttons before the buttons are actually on the stage. So at the time you declare the onPress action the buttons do not yet exist.

Instead of setting the onPress actions in the root set them inside the itemGroup_mc in the frame in which they are physically on the timeline.

I tried to do what you said

I got the forward button roll over working. by placing the code inside itemGroup_mc. I still cant get the button to actually play the frame inside that said clip.

I built another file before i made this one just to see how this all should work.
    and it worked great. but when I built this one it didnt. and I built them the exact same way. as far as i know maybe you can look and see if you can see a difference.
    Attached Files Attached Files