A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: <il> tags DRIVING ME CRAZY plz help!!

<il> tags DRIVING ME CRAZY plz help!!

hi i have created a site with flash that gets all data froma XML file

i am using bullet points in part of it but for some reason the bullets are displaying in black and not the same colour as the font in the text boxes i can not seem to change this any ideas

it does not help as the background of my site is black therefore i can not see the bullets

thanks in advance for any help

fla and xml files are uploaded to http://www.illit.net/test/problemsitexml.zip

the bullets are on the home MC

AS3 Mod
    I can't type up an example right now but lookup TextField.StyleSheet, that should let you do what you want.

i am not using stylesheets in my flash i am using XML do get all the formating and text. does xml reconise <Font color> tags. i have also been told to do a tinit on a movieclip

AS3 Mod
    I am saying you will have to use a stylesheet along with your XML. <LI> tags do not inherit colors from font tags, especially in flash.

ok sorry for the miss understanding looks like i am goin to have to leave stylesheets then

AS3 Mod
    Oddly enough other people have posted around 2-3 other threads about this and have gotten some different methods if you look at those. Use the search function to find them

the only only solutions i have come across is tint on a movie clip this way is prob more simple and quick to achive

yeah that is the solutions i have chosen untill i get to grips with stylesheets thanks for all you assistance