A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Any sort of flipping or twisting effect

Any sort of flipping or twisting effect

Hello I need a little help recreating this flip effect or a similar one in flash.

Here is the url.

http://www.flashvillage.com/template...ite/index.html

When I checked out the template it seems the flip effect is done frame by frame. So they must have used another program. I just downloaded 3d s Max, but I am kind of clueless on how to use it and haven't had any luck searching for tutorials. Is 3d Max the best to recreate this effect or is there another ?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

hi,

you can recreate this effect in basicly every 3d package that has animation and deformation possibilities.

I could help you set something like this up in cinema 4D, if you get yourself a demo, but you might also consider to recreate this by simply using the flash lineTool and some shape and actionscript tweens.

Cheers

I looked at the Flash tools, but I don't think I could figure out how to put in the twist.

I did download Cinema 4d demo version. Do you know if it has any limitations that would prevent me from importing it into Flash ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

hi,

I tried to send you a PM, but it seems that you`ve chosen not to receive private messages in your settings.

contact me, then i can give you a small tut or rebuild the effect for you, for a small fee