A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Extrusion ruins texture map

Extrusion ruins texture map

I'm getting to know Swift 3D. I've tried the trial version 5 for a few weeks. I ran into a major problem when it comes to applying a texture. Anytime I extrude a face, for example, of a cube primitive, and then apply the brick texture over the entire object, the face that was extruded textures fine but not the new polygons that were "stretched" which form the sides of the extrusion.

I tried enabling the "edit texture" button, but that only allows you to scale and rotate the texture. This doesn't solve the problem. No matter what I do (subdivide into more polygons or separate the extrusion and regroup it), the extruded side will always stretch the texture that is applied to it.

How do I correct this stretching effect?

Do you have a picture of the render?

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Here is what I'm talking about:

I can't render any samples, since I am using the trial version. But I made a quick visual demonstration for you using Flash Pro 8.

Take a look at it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Once you go back to the Scene Editor and select the object you've created, you will have to add the texture of choice to the Extrude01 that was created within the Advanced Modeler - well, that's how I created the face extrude.

Hope that helps.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]