A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Is there anyway to get a gradient fill to fade into transparancy?

resolved

Just a quick question, but I was wondering if there is a technique that one can get a gradient fill to fade into a transparancy (ie no fill).

Use the alpha property:

- Create your object in frame 1.
    - In other frame (more frames, slower effect) click and add frames.
    - Create Motion Tween.
    - Insert keyframe
    - And just go to the object properties (in the last frame) and right click it and select properties (this is in flash 4) and select the alpha tab and put it on "0".

thats it... play your movie and the gradient will evetualy dissapear.

*tip: Add on more frmae and insert a blank keyframe for total transparency effect.

If u have any trouble post and ill send u a .fla with an example.

Good Luck!

Gerry

Don't know if this is the answer you were after but you can change the ALPHA of a colour while you are making a new gradient. If you make a new gradient and include two colours on the sliding bar (both the same colour) you can set the ALPHA on one end to 100% and the ALPHA on the other end to 0%.

Originally posted by JirSames22
    Don't know if this is the answer you were after but you can change the ALPHA of a colour while you are making a new gradient. If you make a new gradient and include two colours on the sliding bar (both the same colour) you can set the ALPHA on one end to 100% and the ALPHA on the other end to 0%.
    Thanks Slow Brain but I don't think a tween effect is what I'm looking for, although its nice

Thank you JirSames! the alpha trick is EXACTLY what I was missing (can't believe the answer was staring me straight in the face). It works like a charm.