It’s hard to believe that Adobe can make hyperlinking a Flash 8 button in Dreamweaver 8 quite so difficult, but after hours of effort and searching different sites, I’m appealing for help. Making the button was a pushover by comparison and Flash Help seems useless.

After making the button up, over, down and hit actions and going to “Edit Document” and dragging the button onto the stage, I have set the URL under Actions>Global Functions>Browser/Network>getURL using the Script Assist and Window setting of _blank. My understanding is that this should load the target html file into a new window when the button is released. I then saved the Flash document, and exported it as a swf file. In Dreamweaver, I import the swf file using Insert>Media>Flash>name.swf file, and then hit F12 followed by Save. The browser window displays the button correctly and the up, over and down changes are all correct. The problem is that nothing happens when the button is clicked.

Sorry to bore all the experts with such a mundane problem, but finding the correct information from Adobe or the net is like pulling teeth.