A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feelin' Bleh- exercise & a better life.

Feelin' Bleh- exercise & a better life.

The past few days I have really been in a depressed rut and just don't feel good at all. I know there are a lot of factors adding up and I need to address them so I figured some of you could help.

My weight is a major factor I know. I am also REALLY stressing over going to London as there is a lot more then I thought to going over.

I have really let myself go this semester and have gained about 20-30(weigh about 230 now I think). I am looking to get back down to when I felt good and all my clothes fit back in frehsmen year. So I am looking to lose about 50 pounds. I don't really care about the weight persay as I want to work out as well so gaining muscles mass will hopefully occur . I just want all my clothes to fit and get back into a size 32 waist and have it be loose fitting like it used to be.

So what do you all do to keep in shape/trying to get in shape? Workout plans and websites are all welcome. I have a friend that is sort of in the same boat as me and has already started running etc and is going to be my "gym buddy" and just help push each other to go everyday and keep it going. My best friend from home is ALL about going to the gym so I am going to have him set me up with a plan and see how it goes till I get back to school in 2 weeks.

I am also going to try and get my camera out more. I have been carrying it to and from work these days but still not shooting or processing much. I just go home and sit on my ass. I need to get out more and with more daylight after work more and more and going back to school and able to shoot during the day that will help.

I just need to DO something. I will be starting with a run right after work.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Animal Lover, Flash lover eaglevision's Avatar
    I could help you!
    But right now I have to come up with a plan! (^_^)
    ~11-year old flasher

Not to be rude. But you at NOT helping what-so-ever.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Foods that you can ONLY eat will be:

Your meals will be vegetables...

Your deserts will be fruits....

Your snacks will be fruits...

I know it sounds boring!

Ones in a while you can eat chicken with the salad, and also, have you heard of tybo, teebo, somthing like that? Well, do it!

I know, this is not ALL the things you can eat...But just try to use this in some wierd way!

Hope this helps, and if it doesn't, I got nothin'
    ~11-year old flasher

I know not to eat all the junk food I have been. Salads will be the biggest part of most of my meals with some type of meat in them as I am definitely not giving up meat .

Well thanks for the effort I suppose.

--===00OO00===--
    Not to impune you or anything, but this place will give you a decent start on what you should be aiming at eating.

http://www.mypyramid.gov/ Specifically the My Pyramid plan thingy.

And simply running/walking/jogging will help alot, you will gain a bit of weight as you do from muscle mass, but decreasing the foods you eat will help you loose the fat mass so it will even out.
    "For an assassin he...he is pretty nice." ~The Darkness that Comes Before

The Catalyst Corp.

Diet: Ecstacy Tablets
    Exercise: Go out clubbing every weekend

You never see a fat raver.

Okay serious post.

I've never had a weight problem but have been a bit tubby before. I don't know if you smoke but people often say that when you stop smoking you put on weight. For me it's been the opposite. I guess smoking made me lethargic.

Also; if you drive lose the car. Not in it's entirety but get a bike or take a walk to the shops.

If possible eat more protein - fish, chicken etc. If you lose weight then it will help ensure it is the fat you lose and not the lean muscle underneath.

So instead of picking up some weights I should go invest in some glow sticks

Just got finished with a run and feeling good. Definitely going to have to stretch out before bed again. Think I might even get up extra early and run before work.

I actually shot a scene on the way home but it came out way to dark and I don't carry a tripod with me in the car. I will process something and post it later

feeling good

Great! Sorry, my help seems HORRIBLE
    Compared with the others
    ~11-year old flasher

Former Employee of Satan Napalm's Avatar
    Cycling is a good way of losing kilos, and reducing stress. Jogging is good exercise, but it's murder on you knees and ankles. My advise would be to start cycling, and drop pounds and then switch over if you want to.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglevision
    Great! Sorry, my help seems HORRIBLE
    Compared with the others
    If I could reach down the wire, this'd be you.

Sorry, wannabe. Please resume normal activity.

Ew, at least wait 'til I close the door.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

i'm just starting exercising again, after almost a two month lull (started when i got ill, then i got lazy).

if you like working out at the gym, great. but i finally realised a couple years back that i really don't like gyms. i almost felt like it was the only real way of getting a good workout and because i didn't like it, i tended to just not do anything much.

but in the last couple years i've been cycling on and off, running (managed to get up to 8k, which for me was an achievement), going to at least 2 fitness classes a week (and no, they're not only for girls ....although there are often some quite 'fit' girls in there, which is a bonus), doing press-ups, sit-ups, the occasional boxcercise and occasional weights session.

it's all about finding something you actually enjoy doing. and doing it regularly enough that you remember how good you feel afterwards. setting yourself a routine is a good idea, otherwise a week might go by and you just haven't found time to do any exercise at all! having a friend who will workout with you or help in any way with your motivation is a big big bonus too.

oh and if exercise classes do interest you- find out if your uni offer any. that's where i do them (i work at a uni), and they're pretty cheap (they do loads of different stuff from salsa to boxcercise to yoga to circuits). definitely worth a thought.

oh, and food- up the protein, cut out the junk (allow yourself to have some junk sometimes though), drink plenty of water and give yourself smaller portions at meals. that's all obvious really.
    Last edited by carly1979; 01-10-2008 at 06:43 AM.

get some male multi vitamins - the heavy duty ones. I've been on and off of them for a month or so now and i can definitely feel a difference when i haven't taken one for a day or so. they're really heavy in b-12 vitamins which can help get rid of a lot of junk in your system.

Apparently they increase your metabolism, that could help you if you couple it with exercise.

Also, if you start taking them, don't be afraid when your urine turns NEON yellow. it scared the hell out of me at first, but i guess it's normal.

I do have a huge bottle of daily multivitamins but they are back at school. I will start taking them again when I get back.

Surprisingly I am not as weak feeling as I usually feel after doing nothing for a while and then just going and run. Definitely going to run after work again. Running is pretty much all I am going to be doing till I get back to school as the only exercise equipment we have setup at home right now is the treadmill. I would definitely cycle if it wasn't winter- but not to go anywhere as the nearest city isn't exactly a quick ride on a bike.

that didnt stop rocky from training in russia.

Fill a go run up a mountain, dead lift a car full of people, Do situps hanging upside down in a barn.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

I'll get right on that.

I will throw one in for the cycling as well. Mainly for the less impact aspect of it. But, walking will work just fine. You don't have to run. It is all about keeping your heart rate at a specific level. Check out woot they have one at a great price today.

Also, and I don't have the source material, but I read that the normal person should take in 2000 cal a day. If you want to loose some pounds it said to drop that back by 200 calories. Of course eating right helps tons. I am a skinny high metabolism kinda guy but even I see pounds add on every once and a while and the main reason was Starbucks. 1 Quad Venti White Chocolate moca a day with whip puts the pounds away. Did some research and they are over 700 for one drink. . . .a bloody drink man. Sodas kill as well. Drink lots and lots of water. It will control your hunger pains and help loose weight. It also helps build muscle. Lean muscle is key, It eats up Fat all day. Do two workouts a day if you can. The one in the morning will eat up fat all day and the one at night will eat up fat even when you sleep.

Ok after all that has been said, I am in no way a professional. I just read what I read and do the best that I can. But it works for me. Oh don't just eat regular lettuce it is garbage nutritionally, get some roman lettuce and spinach. And lots of protein I could keep going but I will stop.
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

Thanks for all the input.

No problem. Most of my information comes from Mens Health mag. So take it for what it is, but some comes from my going to cycling boards a lot and reading up on what studies have been done. I guess it is common sense though in the end.
    Wanna loose weight. . Do more, eat frequently, eat smaller portions, drink water, get 8 hours of sleep. Repeat cycle. Ah and sex is friggin' great exercise
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio