A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Long Animated MC into preloader

Long Animated MC into preloader

OK I have seen this done but Im not even sure were to start. I have a Animated MC that I want to use as a preloader but the preloader ends before the animation how do I link the animation to the preloader?

Thank you

do you intend the animation to loop if the loading doesn't complete before it finishes? Also, how you're doing your preloader will dictate how you do this, so it would help for you to describe your method of preloading.

Quote Originally Posted by bitsk308
    do you intend the animation to loop if the loading doesn't complete before it finishes? Also, how you're doing your preloader will dictate how you do this, so it would help for you to describe your method of preloading.

No looping, and I don't know I have never really done a preloader, so anything that will work. Even if you can point me some were. I have been looking, but cant seam to find anything that helps.

Well a popular way to do preloaders is to have your movie exist on three frames on the main timeline. The first frame is just there for the movie (not the animation) to loop through. The second frame has small piece of code that checks to see if all the frames are loaded, and if not, sends the playhead back to frame one which goes straight to two again, checks again, and so on. If all the frames are loaded, THEN this code will send the play head to frame 3. This third frame will be where you put all your site's content. Your animation clip to be displayed during the load wait wil span frames 1 and 2 only.

Now if you want that advancement upon loading to frame 3 to also wait for the end of the animation, just add that to the conditional on frame 2:

PHP Code:
    if((this._framesloaded == this._totalframes) && (_root.loadAnimation._currentframe == your_last_frame)){

gotoAndStop(3);
    } else {

gotoAndPlay(1);

_b