A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Sydney - someone must know!!!

Question about Sydney - someone must know!!!

Man I'm in a bad mood.

Just spent half an hour on the phone to Virgin trying to confirm the name of the airport that Virgin Blue fly out of from Sydney.

Now - I'm not sure if there's only 1 airport in Sydney - I was told there was more. All I need to know is the name of the airport in Sydney that Virgin Blue fly out of...

Someone here must know??

There was nobody at Virgin who knew BTW.. Unblievable..

Are you serious?

http://www.virginblue.com/

There's a list of what city they fly out from, in the drop-down "from" list. Or am I missing something?

Yes - my question was the name of the airport, not the city.

In London we have Heathrow airport, Gatwick airport, City airport, Stanstead airport and some smaller airports. So - If I said - "I'm flying to London", the next question would be "Which airport?"

I wasn't sure whether there was more than 1 airport in Sydney - on the virgin blue site, it just says "Sydney" not the name of an airport. Now - I am flying into Sydney from the UK but I thne need to book an internal flight. All I needed to know was the name of the airport that Virgin Blue operate out of.

Uhm, pretty sure there's only one international airport in Sydney..

And it's called Sydney Airport, aka Kingsford Smith International Airport. And from a little digging, it seems Virgin Blue DOES use that airport. Wikipedia "Kingsford Smith International Airport" and you'll see Virgin Blue listed in there.

Well ok - but I wanted to be absolutely sure as I need to book a flight from Melbourne to Sydney and then, an hour or so later, catch a flight from Sydney to the UK. What I dont want to happen is find out that Domestic flights operate at a different Sydney airport to International fligths and end up missing my flight home because I'm at the wrong airport.

When I rang Virgin Atlantic (Virgin Blue didn't answer the phone) there was nobody there that knew the answer.

So - you can see my frustration and also why I want to make sure that I'm landing at the right airport before I book an internal flight...

I'd ring to confirm that the flight from Melbourne to Sydney is going to "Kingsford Smith International Airport" - say all of it. See what they have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by zakp0
    I'd ring to confirm that the flight from Melbourne to Sydney is going to "Kingsford Smith International Airport" - say all of it. See what they have to say.
    Ah - if only it were that simple - I did ring them but they didn't know the answer - I'm not joking either - what sort of muppets do they employ at Virgin??

Quote Originally Posted by loydall
    what sort of muppets do they employ at Virgin??

That's the very same guy I was talking to...

Sydney Airport is the only one, does international and domestic.

Both domestic and international airports are at mascot, which is about 10mins from the city.

Ought to give ChaCha.com a shot, we've given them so many pranks, might as well see if they can do a legit search.
    Whoever taught EVERYONE to put all their code on movie clips needs to be shot...

Quote Originally Posted by Bowds
    Both domestic and international airports are at mascot, which is about 10mins from the city.
    For what it's worth ( I'm about 20 mins from Sydney Airport and I use Virgin occasionally)

You will come in to Sydney and land at Kingsford Smith International Airport, then you will have to "transfer" to Sydney Domestic Airport which is about 5 minutes drive from the International Airport.

There are only two major carriers using the Domestic Airport =Virgin and Qantas so you wont get lost......

It's just under 1 hour flying from Sydney to Melbourne....and the Flight attendants chicks on every Virgin blue fight from there are as "Hot" as any.....

iTony

Holy hell... it's XU1.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Quote Originally Posted by XU1
    For what it's worth ( I'm about 20 mins from Sydney Airport and I use Virgin occasionally)

You will come in to Sydney and land at Kingsford Smith International Airport, then you will have to "transfer" to Sydney Domestic Airport which is about 5 minutes drive from the International Airport.

There are only two major carriers using the Domestic Airport =Virgin and Qantas so you wont get lost......

It's just under 1 hour flying from Sydney to Melbourne....and the Flight attendants chicks on every Virgin blue fight from there are as "Hot" as any.....

iTony

This is all great stuff - so they my main concern was whether I'd have enough time between landing in sydney fron my flight from Melbourne to catch my flight back to the UK - but, if you say it's 5 minuts from one to the other, I guess I'll be ok.

Secondly - the Virgin Blue flight attendants - brilliant.

What are the Qantas attendants like? I've got 21 hours on a qantas flight...

Qantas women = not that great. Depends what flight you're on though. The ones going from Sydney to the Asian countries, and the ones from Sydney to NZ = nowhere near as good as Virgin.

I know this since practically all the flight attendants that are on those flights trained in the same premises that I was doing my Eng. course at.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    http://www.sydneyairport.com.au/SACL...er/Default.htm

There are several options available for transfer between T1 International and T2/T3 Domestic Terminals, depending on your flight details and time allowance.

Approximate costs of transfer options are listed below, with links to other pages and websites for more information.

T -Bus
    T - Bus is a shuttle bus service between T1 International and T2 Domestic Terminals which costs $5.00 effective from 1 September 2006 (one way, per person). It is only a short walk between T2 and T3 Terminals. The journey takes up to 10 mins and operates frequently in the morning peak period, then half hourly until 8pm. The bus stops are on arrivals Levels, at T1 Bus Bay 21 near McDonalds, and at T2 Bus Bay 3 near baggage carousel 6.

Taxi
    A taxi journey between T1 International and T2/T3 Domestic Terminals will take up to 10 mins depending on the time of day. The approximate cost for this journey is $8.00 - $12.00 (one way, per taxi)

Train
    Airport Link offers a $5.00 (one way, per person) transfer ticket for passengers transferring between T1 International and T2/T3 Domestic Terminals. The journey takes only 2 minutes and there are frequent services. For more information visit www.airportlink.com.au

Qantas Seamless Transfer
    If you are transferring between a Qantas Domestic Flight (QF400 - QF1599) and a Qantas International Flight (QF001 - QF399) in either direction, you may be eligible to use the Qantas Seamless Transfer Service. For more information and to confirm your eligibility visit www.qantas.com or phone 13 13 13.

T2 Domestic to T3 Domestic
    T2 and T3 Domestic Terminals are walking distance apart. Clearly marked signage will assist in your transfer between these terminals.
    The train sounds like the best option - http://www.airportlink.com.au/convenient.html
    Last edited by david petley; 01-15-2008 at 06:48 AM.
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

funny that virgin can't tell you, but random people on a flash forum can. craziness.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    I'm not random
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

Quote Originally Posted by carly1979
    funny that virgin can't tell you, but random people on a flash forum can. craziness.
    I know - I even asked the woman I was speaking to shout out into her office "Does anyone know the name of the airport virgin fly out of from Sydney" - she did this and nobody knew...