A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: print portfolio

Student

print portfolio

here is my print portfolio wich will be printed within the next few days,
    hope you like it:

online book (drag pages with the mouse to turn them)
    http://www.renderhjs.net/portfolio/

cover:

the portfolio is mixed with drawings, paintings, 3d and flash stuff I did in the last past years. At the end I thought that it would have been nice to use more space for some pictures, but then again I have so many material to show and it´s hard to just pick a few and show them bigger. I made this portfolio because my uni wants it as qualification to get into my next semester.
    Anyway I pretty happy with it
    Last edited by renderhjs; 01-13-2008 at 12:06 AM.

Wow! Incredible portfolio. The great thing was that every single image showed dedication and extreme quality, but there was also an abundance of work!

A lot brought back memories (from seeing them posted in the games forum) such as Minotaur, Tank Move, the Orthographic engine, and even my logo (which was really exciting to see it amongst pages of other fantastic work ). It's a shame that the 3D engine didn't make the cut, but that’s understandable as this is a portfolio for art - not technical achievements.

Even the page flipping engine was well above the standards of others that I've frustratingly used. This one seemed so much easier and it cooperates well with the user, plus the glossy shine was a great touch.

Btw, that link is wrong. Here's the proper one which I guessed: http://www.renderhjs.net/portfolio/

Viza.

Student
    thanks Viza,- the link should already be fixed

really nice body of work, I agree with Viza, the page flipping is top notch and feels good. One thing though, the text looks jpeg'd, I couldn't read much of anything apart from titles.
    lather yourself up with soap - soap arcade

Quote Originally Posted by mr_malee
    really nice body of work, I agree with Viza, the page flipping is top notch and feels good. One thing though, the text looks jpeg'd, I couldn't read much of anything apart from titles.

Elvis...who tha f**k is Elvis? phreax's Avatar
    Well, I am going to join the lynch mob and say that only the headers were readable
    I would also polish the preloader - both the loader and bg, to compliment the great work!

Besides from that it looks amazing! I like your 3D and pencils the most...the 3D to a point of envy
    Streets Of Poker - Heads-Up Texas Hold'em Poker Game

Ich lerne jede Tag etwas Neues Evaman's Avatar
    Oh so schön.

It's a little hard to read some of the text, but this is towards your masters right? You well deserve it in my opinion.

FK Rocks..!
    yeah, i agree with the readability issue

Perhaps the best thing is the page flipping effect, did you made the flipping animation from scratch all by your self in Flash or have you used any third part tools for that effect?
    Waqas A.M. Siddiqui (Vicky)
    Graphics Designer

Student
    great you guys liked the content

Quote Originally Posted by mr_malee
    well it was intended as print - this week I get my copies. I just scrathced it all quickly together with a page flipping mechanic I wrote some time ago- I tried to go as high res as possible. But since I haven´t wrote yet a way of zooming into the pages that´s all I can offer for now.

Quote Originally Posted by phreax
    Well, I am going to join the lynch mob and say that only the headers were readable
    I would also polish the preloader - both the loader and bg, to compliment the great work!
    all pages are loaded at once to analyse the size format (it can even handle uneven sizes in different formats)- like I wrote to malee I quickly scratched everything quickly together just to be able to show it online even though it was intended as print

Quote Originally Posted by vky84
    Perhaps the best thing is the page flipping effect, did you made the flipping animation from scratch all by your self in Flash or have you used any third part tools for that effect?
    The page turn effect is something I wrote in the past. It uses skewed face slices in a array that simulates the page bending in some kind of perspective- additionally shadows are simulated on the other pages. The glim is a gradient skaled and masked over the slices. All coded

Well what do I say...

That is some seriously cool work, love the 3D stuff and the Illustrations, like pretty much all of it

The readability is an issue final page see more of my work@ (cant read the url) I'm guessing you will do really well in the future. refreshing to see such quality of work, well done!

One more thing, It took me over a minute to work out there was a pageturner thing going on, mb indicate its there on the first page, shame to not have someone see your work because of something as simple as that.

D

Student
    ok so I put a little notice on the site like how you control it. Also I corrected some page mixup someone pointed out earlier.
    One more thing, It took me over a minute to work out there was a pageturner thing going on, mb indicate its there on the first page, shame to not have someone see your work because of something as simple as that.
    well I added that,- thx for troubling though and your comments. I did however put a notice in the first post, thought that most people would read it.

All I can say is WOW! Your work is really great. Should have no problem landing a job. Great work.
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

very cool portfolio man. good luck.
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

Stunning

Simply stunning work Render. You must be incredibly proud of it.

Perhaps next year when I leave my course, I could hire you to drop my work into that book format. Its very, VERY pretty, but most of all FUNCTIONAL.

Your first employer will be very lucky to have you, but more, I can see you eventually going it alone and making a huge splash in our business. If this amount of creativity finds investment, you may well move and shape our industry in the years ahead.

Bravo.

Student
    thx judah that´s really nice to read,

just wanted to add a little something of my past I found today. At some point I once created this overview screen of my highlight projects with Flash MX from the years 2002 till around mid 2006.

Flash MX was my longest period with Flash (skipped MX2004 [the windows ME of Flash] and started using Flash 8 pretty late).

it helps me finding back important stuff I already solved once before so that I can reuse concepts of it for current projects or even as inspiration.

When looking back at those thumbnails I certainly loved always to create engines and editors, creating my own toolsets with my own icons and driven by my own content and artwork.

trace("AKA: Biro Barna");
    Really cool renderhjs, I took the time and surfed your stuff a few months ago and the only thing I can say is BRAVO ! Really love what you are doing, keep it up!

| Windows MSN: birobarna [at] hotmail [dot] com | Skype: barna.biro |
    WebLog: http://blog.wisebisoft.com/ |
    | Software Developer / Flash & Flex Developer | Student ( Computer Science ) | Interested in: Sharing Knowledge |
    |
    Romanian Adobe Flash, Flex, AIR Forum: http://www.flashforum.ro/
    | By perseverance the snail reached the ark. |

great job

Brilliant!!! Loved it..

Quote Originally Posted by Googooboyy
    Brilliant!!! Loved it..
    Me too, just like everything else he does
    "Kreativa Studio - Izrada Flash Stranica"

LATEST: Flash - Mareda Potrčko • HTML - MikrofonijaNew Layout Design - Tony Robbins || SOCIAL: on Twitteron Facebookon Kontain

i always admired your skills
    Card Games - play many card games free
    Free Games many free online games