A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: button actionscript help./

button actionscript help./

hi guys, Im making a movie clip who is going to act like a button.
    how can I make a scritp that checks the positions of the cursor and after several seconds if is not over it suppose to, sends back a movie clip to frame one?

let me say the person moves quickly the cursor outside a rollover area and flash does not recognize the movement cuz was too fast. How can I put the movie clip back to the original place if that happens after flash check it where the cursor is and if its outside the rollover o rollout area starts from the beginning?

try to increase you frame rate speed,may be it helps you in being able to trigger all the actions made by the mouse when the user MISSES the movieClip when rolling out.
    Because it may be the reason that you have slow frame rate, when the user is too quick moving the mouse, the movieClip misses to trigger the RollOut Action..

BUT its always BEST if you use movieClip.hitTest. This makes sure the mouse gets hit(with your MC).

thank you man! my frame speed is 35. I will try the hittest thingy you told me. I dont know how but I gonna give it a try. I you can give me a hint of how the hitTest can be used here... I will appreciate that.. im kinda noobie is AS.