A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Text effects & Flash 4

I'm trying to find instructions or tutorials for creating "synchronized text effects" in Flash 4.

(examples : wave effects, typing effect, flying text)

I've browsed the tutorials but have not been able to pinpoint the type effects I'm looking for.

I understand "tweening" and have created some text effects with the use of it. I guess what I'm looking for is a function that will incorporate these effects without the use of multiple layers and the manual tweening of individual chracters within a scene.

Any help or tutorials appreciated.

Bnuts40

flashtyper

Hi, it's no difficult... but u'll spend a lot of time doing it, specially if its a whole sentence or paragraph; so, i suggest using FlashTyper, scroll up and follow the link... very, very usefull tool for text animation (ThX FK ).

Give it a try!

Gerry

caithness massiv
    flashtyper is excellent...

swish, flax, and others are also good programs to use to generate text effects...

if you understand the basic premise behind the flashtyper, however, that is your best route to success... animating each individual letter is a pain, to say the least...

Thanks

Thanks for the references. I've seen the flash typer but haven't used it before - seems to be an excellent tool for generated text effects.

What I need to do is tutor myself on embedding the text into a movie of my creation. (I haven't tried this option yet.

Appreciate the help

Bnuts40