A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: White-Labelling

White-Labelling

any people here work for studios or agencies who white label work for clients? and hence have problems when it comes to showing portfolios,

Chris error

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    Yeah. Unfortunately it happens. I don't see the concern that other agencies have, but we work around it. Typically I describe to them that our normal rate is lower than normal because it will also be used to benefit us on a portfolio. If we are not allowed to display the work, then it will be subjected to the "normal" fee without that convenience savings.

So in our case, if we are not free to show the work in our portfolios, I just jack up the price a bit to accommodate potential losses of NOT having the project there.

yeah, same here in theory, though I have never really stuck to a hard and fast rule, though I am considering doing so now. A 25% extra on any work if it is to be white-labelled sort of thing.

I really am starting to understand now that there really is a loss of earnign by not having the work available to our portfolio...well...apart from the projects I've been gald to not put my name on

Chris error

....he's amazing!!! lesli_felix's Avatar
    Chris, can't you privately point potential clients to your work, rather than have a publicly displayed portfolio?

yes that we can do, but I think you do still lose out on the window shoppers who are having a look at your website (as opposed to me doing a sales pitch to someone).