A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: finished renders dont appear in render output

finished renders dont appear in render output

just downloaded the trial version of 3d swift max3 the plugin for 3ds max. it is installed correctly and have copied the right file to the flash 8 folder.

anyway, when i render my animation in 3dsmax as a .swf file it doesnt appear in the /autodesk/3dsmax/render output folder.

it doesnt appear anywhere.

please can someone get in touch ASAP. thanks a lot.

I'm not 100% sure, but have you tried to save it to a different location? And above all, will the final render even save to the file system in the demo version of the app?

I have only the full-version, so I can't fully answer that last one.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

yes i have tried saving it to a different location and i have the same problem. and yes, the trial version gives you 30 days of the full product. so it should do everything the full version does.

by the way i am using 3ds max 8

thanks

Ok... just to go through the regular process... you've selected the Swift3D MAX plugin as your current renderer, and then from there you've animated and saved the output as a *.swf file in a location you can locate easily, right?

Don't get me wrong, I just thought that the plugin would only render to screen - but that's my lack of experience with the demo. I've uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and hoped that it didn't see my prior input/registration, but it did.

So I can't fully test unless I yank it out of my registry. Sorry I can't fully test it as you're seeing. Have you hit up support [at] erain [dot] com yet? The wizards at Erain can usually answer those questions muuuuuuch quicker than I'm going to be able to.

Sorry I wasn't any help to you on this one.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

nevermind. thanks anyway

AndyLamb

It might be a long shot, but...

Are you running Vista?

If you are, the files will be in a hidden folder in your user directory, rather than where Swift 3d thinks they are.

[user]/AppData/Local.

Or you can press the "compatibility files" button on the file navigator.