A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] High Score Help

[F8] High Score Help

I am not totally new but sometimes only know enough to get myself stuck in the middle of trying something new. Hours later I get tired of messing with it. I decided on this one to ask for help and see what happens.

This is a very simple game that I created using a tutorial at Flash Kit. http://www.computerlab.rcfox.com/click_me.fla This game, maybe with some extras later, is going to be my first for my K kids to use practicing there mouse skills. I teach a k-6 computer lab. I would love to have a high score table but have not had any luck with the tutorials.

I tried the glenn rhodes tutorial and got stuck because the php code on the scores.php file had an error that I couldn't figure out. The error was Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in ".....scores.php on line 9"
    I tried the http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Ga...-771/index.php tutorial and got stuck somewhere. That hours and hours ago so I can't remember at this moment.

Can someone help or give me some good advice on this issue? Will this just take time and more learning for me to figure out?

Thanks,
    Charles

Registered Loser

same thing here

Same thing happened to me,I posted for help, and no reply! Guess no-one knows the answer to this one. I'm guessing a problem with the server.

I dont see much point having your own personal highscore system that is less secure and more difficult to manage when you can simply drop the leaderboard from MochiAds into your game and avoid all the hassle with databases and php scripts.

It's true..I brought sexy back smith1302's Avatar
    I might use my own highscore script just to get some traffic back to my site, but your right, I do like mochiscores and the highscores I would set up would be very easy to hack.
    Hey check out my arcade sites!
    Ninja Games | WW2 Games

You can also use the armorbot scores, it's pretty good. I've worked on that stuff about scores with php long ago, but as it was long ago I don't remember so much, so I support the opinion of going with a pre-made scores system.
    This is MC. His _parents sent him to stop() by the super market to buy some _root beer if he wanted to gotoAndPlay() with his friends at the park later.

This is my Blog!... The gaming Process
    Please check out my site: Giddel Creations