A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 2008 March Madness :: Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nogol
    I picked the first one because there are balloons in it. :P
    LOL. I'm glad to see that the criteria for voting is still at the highest standard!
    What the world needs now is a nice hot bath.

Did the voting time change for this round? It's open for another 24 hours?

Congrats to Fearless & Ctranter on making it to the final 2/championship.

Remember this round is going to be desktop sized, i'll send instructions when i send the stock. I'm still thinking about adding another twist in just to make it more fun, but that will be seen by tonight/tomorrow.

I have a new job now and do not visit FK at work, so i'll probably be missing some discussion or PMs. Be patient and i'll get back to you in the evening.

And just in case anyone is wondering about the PM i sent last night, here it is...(just trying to be fair as a moderator/competitor):
    Hello friendly Flashkitter,
    This is just a reminder that March Madness is still going on and images are still being cranked out to crown this year's winner.

I've noticed that you haven't voted this round and i've noticed a drop in voting numbers....

We'd really appreciate your presence for the madness and would be great if you could peruse the final 4 images and vote for your favorite.

If you do...i'll send you...well nothing. But i would appreciate it.

Awesome.

Leftye.

So if the last round is going to be desktop sized, do we get a comparable multiplier for time?

no

lol

super.

Congrats ctranter. Effortlessly soaring to the top of the heap as always!

I'm just proud that I got a few votes!

Congratulations to Fearless as well for another well-deserved victory, and to Lefteye for putting up a great fight. I had a hard time choosing between the two.

With my image, looking back at it, I'd probably change a few things now. (I did this one in the shortest amount of time for all 4 rounds and didn't really sit with it.) The whole image was meant to be pretty ironic, but looking at it now, I'm not sure it really lands quite the way I intended it to. And I'm wishing I would have added flames to draw attention to the trap door open on the first platform (and to possibly explain why it's there within the image).
    Last edited by TheDevilRidesIn; 04-02-2008 at 09:07 PM.
    "If, he thought to himself, such a machine is a virtual impossibility, then it must logically be a finite improbability."

<3
    Haha, and again I'm surprised to see who did what

fearful eh?

oops, you caught that?? ...just a little mod power flexing for your beating me

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless
    So if the last round is going to be desktop sized, do we get a comparable multiplier for time?
    well, i take that back just a little bit....i'm too tired and exhausted to look for stocks tonight, so i'm not going to get to it til tomorrow night.

You'll still have about the same amount of time...i believe i built in an extra day or so for the finals since the beginning, the due dates will just be shifted a bit.

I apologize for the delay, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilRidesIn
    For the record, she has been voting for the past three years, and this is the first time anyone has noticed.
    No. It was noticed that the sign-up was on the eve/day of the first vote this year.

I'm traveling at the moment, but so far this year was a ton better than the year prior in regards to sockpuppets as well.

With that said, Lefteye... congrats on keeping this one on track dude. It's hard work, this year yielded the most drama, and yet we're in the finals.

Congrats to Fearless and Ctranter.

later people... still mobile at the moment.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    No. It was noticed that the sign-up was on the eve/day of the first vote this year.
    Yeah, makes sense that that would look suspicious. I wasn't aware she had created a new account this year.

I still am getting a sense like there's an issue with it. Is there anything wrong with her voting? (I'm really asking, not to be taken as sarcasm or whatnot)
    "If, he thought to himself, such a machine is a virtual impossibility, then it must logically be a finite improbability."

I have no problem with it. Since I'm one of the fellas who lost to you I think that should count for something =)

here's the deal.

you're both getting a week to do your image. so it'll be due next thursday the 10th at 10:59pm.

You're both getting 3 stocks you have to use. Image size will be 1024 x 768.

The not so creative twist....this is all the community gets to see of the stocks until voting:

Last edited by lefteyewilly; 04-03-2008 at 10:11 PM.

1280x1024 or bust
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

id like to say that lefteye should byfar get the most improved battler award, his final 4 image was one of my favs of the tournament.. even if he did get a free pass to the final 4.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Whatever. . . I did all of Lefteyes images from day one. You don't honestly think he kept up with all this drama and competed did you. jeeze. Sorry Gerbick next year ill do yours .
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    id like to say that lefteye should byfar get the most improved battler award, his final 4 image was one of my favs of the tournament.. even if he did get a free pass to the final 4.
    thanks man. i appreciate it. I had to make up for that crap fest image in round 3.