Thread: 2008 March Madness :: Discussion Thread

<3
    Wow, quality entries in this round

My preference based on the suggested guidelines:
    Aesthetics: A2
    Creative usage of stock image: Both but A2 had a more creative usage
    Typography: A1
    Overall concept: A1

With the A's, I've decided to go for A1 because I can personally relate to it (re: lack of sleep last night and this week in general). A2 did a beautiful job with the escalator, crowd and layout.

It shall be hard deciding between the two B's so I'm just going to leave it for the moment..

WOW! This is a hard round to decide who to vote for. I really like all the images...

A1 - I really like the concept of the image and I like the drabness from the overlayed textures. Like Saint, I can relate to this. (gets the vote, after staring for about 10 minutes)

A2 - I also like your concept and the coloring is great. I don't know if it was intentional, but I find it ironic that only a few people are moving up the escalator.

As hard as the A's were, the B's are even more difficult. (dead even on voting too.)

B1 - This image is honestly beautiful. I love the richness of the color and the imagination in it.

B2 - Another beautiful image.I love the use of the stock. Where B1 has somewhat buried it in the image. you have just stuck it in there front and center. As much as I love the first image, this one is getting my vote.

Overall, these were some of the best images from the whole competition.
    Cant wait for the final showdown.
    What the world needs now is a nice hot bath.

who is caddishradish?

If that's what it is, that's ridiculous. I mean, I've got access to various IPs and I could create accounts for each and vote for myself and no one could prove it was me. I'm sure most of you could do the same.

Haha. Caddishradish is my girlfriend Caitlin who gets excited about these competitions and likes to vote on all the images. Is that inappropriate? I never told her to set up the account. She did this of her own volition.

Quote Originally Posted by ondraedan
    who is caddishradish?
    "If, he thought to himself, such a machine is a virtual impossibility, then it must logically be a finite improbability."

For the record, she has been voting for the past three years, and this is the first time anyone has noticed.
    "If, he thought to himself, such a machine is a virtual impossibility, then it must logically be a finite improbability."

Haha. My girlfriend keeps pressuring me to vote for images she likes. I told her to shh or sign up an account.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilRidesIn
    For the record, she has been voting for the past three years, and this is the first time anyone has noticed.
    Quote Originally Posted by profile
    CaddishRadish
    ?

My wife hates you all.

i prevented my girlfriend from creating an account when i lost by 2 votes
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

man, i can't believe the voting numbers have dropped so much. I think i'm going to stir up the coffee lounge.

Looks like 3-4 less than last round. Round 3 was the same. The major drop off was after round 1...

i guess you're right, although last year still had about 30 votes in the final 4. And 40 votes for the finals.

just looked at the MM threads in the CL and no one ever really responded unless they were already arena participants, so stirring them up will be useless....meh.
    Last edited by lefteyewilly; 04-01-2008 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctranter
    ?
    I'm confused by that as well. Perhaps she had a different account? She definitely didn't sign up just for this year. I've been involved for the past three years (and for the first year she and I weren't actually dating yet) and I remember her voting the first year.

I'll just have to ask her.

and by past three years I mean this and the previous two...

Sorry to cause controversy, I suppose I could've announced myself earlier.

I have been voting for the past three years, ever since I heard about it when my boyfriend got involved... even my mom became intrigued when she heard about it and wanted to see the images. At this point, if my boyfriend stopped competing I would still like to vote. You guys have a pretty nifty thing going here.

I created a new account because I forgot my old one completely. The old noggin failed me this time so I guess there were pretty substantial cobwebs that formed since last March.

I've never posted because I didn't feel qualified to, silly I know. I just thought I would silently enjoy things (and I have been enjoying them).

<3
    Hmm, yeah more voters would be great. The B's are going to be rather close.

I'm still learning...
    man, i almost forgot about MM. been too busy with my college assignments. thanks lefteye for sending me a PM.

Bs are kinda hard for me to decide. i like both of them. but i picked the first one because there are balloons in it. :P

<3
    You also did a cool entry which had a hot air balloon :P