A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help

Help

Yes Help!!!

I purchased 3DFA in June '07 and I am only halfway happy for the most part.
    However, before I purchased 3DFA I emailed 3DFA Support asking about the lack of documentaion and/or tutorials. I was told that a newer version of 3DFA would be released in the next month with actionscript 3 support. That there was new help documentation being written and would be available with that version release.

It has been many months since the release of 3DFA with Actionscript 3 features and still NO documentation. This is a shame because the Newest Version of 3DFA is sooo feature rich. 3DFA users like myself have no clue how to access and use these features.

YES PLEASE HELP ME find some documentation/tutorials/samples. Anything I can use to teach myself to use the features of 3DFA.

All I want to do is to learn to use 3DFA. I paid for 3DFA based on the promise in the email I received from "the 3DFA Support" that there would be Documentaion etc available that would explain about 3DFA's functions and features, as well as, how to use ALL of these features

Thank You for Any Help you can give.

The existing documentation does give a general overview of the software. The samples give additional help. And most importantly, the interface itself is being enhanced with as much help information as possible.

The simple way to explain how to use 3DFA is that you add elements, and then you add events to animate those elements. Most people find that once they've grasped this idea, using the software becomes intuitive.

As 3DFA becomes more of an Actionscript 3 development tool, there is much less need to explain how to write scripts, because there are many websites devoted to explaining Actionscript 3, and most scripts can easily be adapted to run with 3DFA.

As the product continues to rapidly develop, the best way of doing things rapidly changes as well, and so some areas of the documentation are being kept to a minimum to avoid containing out-dated information.

It is not an expensive piece of software, but it is gradually evolving into a leading edge alternative to Adobe Flash. And many users are thankful that for whatever its flaws may be, it is still much easier to learn and use than Flash.

All we can ask is that our users be patient and wait for the version 5 transformation to be completed. Once this transformation is over, the basic way of using the software will never need to change again, and so the documentation can finally be set in stone.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)