A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I almost threw my PSP across the room...

I almost threw my PSP across the room...

Just got God of War - sorry EVP, I got impatient and ended up trading in the last bit of my domestic PS2 games to get it - for the PSP... and I beat it on normal level in 7 hours, 10 minutes... with all of the weapons at maximum strength, I did a ton of exploring - perhaps one place I didn't go that I saw - and yet... it's finished.

what.the.hell

I'd normally be mad if I had spent 40 bucks on a game that I beat in that just that little bit of time. But I still feel a bit shafted even though the game held my attention and was a ton of fun.

But seriously... 7 frickin' hours!?

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Yeah i remember completing the version on the PS2 very quickly too... i can't remember exactly how long but it wasn't very long at all. Both God of War and God of War 2 are really easy to complete (even on normal).
    "All men are equal. All men, that is, who possess umbrellas."
    E.M. Forster

Well - I nearly stamped on mine after spending hours trying to beat the 2 centaurs on Tomb Raider Anniversary.. I've actually given up on that game..

Anyone play that new demo with the escher like puzzles? I downloaded the demo but haven't installed it yet.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Well, if you DO throw it across the room let me know. I have a damn near new PSP for sale at the shop.

Actually, if anyone is interested.....PM me. I got it for a steal...

Just one?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    yes, one used one at a good price.

Good priiiiiiiiice.....very good priiiiice!

Part 2 for the ps2 was very quick too yet still epic. The f*ck tard art director from part one who directed part two caused much of the coolness planned to get cut. Anyone wonder why there was only 1.5 pegasus stages?
    Either way, still some of the greatest games of all time. The fight with the golden statue at the beginning of part two is probably the best graphics the ps2 ever displayed.

So that Escher game needs to be 3.9 to run. I will have to put a newer customer firmware on later to play it. I am only at 3.4 right now.

2KHeroes / Sylvaniah designer luxregina's Avatar
    7 hours of gaming goodness is still better than nothing : GoW must be one of the best game I played on my PSP (With Jeanne D'arc, but it's a whole different style...)

I liked it so much that I actually bought a PS2 last week end, just to play God of War 2, and there again, i'm having a blast ...

Quote Originally Posted by luxregina
    I liked it so much that I actually bought a PS2 last week end, just to play God of War 2, and there again, i'm having a blast ...
    Hey old buddy. Why the jump to God of War 2...God of War 1 was just as great.

2KHeroes / Sylvaniah designer luxregina's Avatar
    Hey old buddy. Why the jump to God of War 2...God of War 1 was just as great.
    Easy to explain : more than the fighting, what I like in those type of games is usually the "epic" feel of the places you get to travel to : after a quick review of screens from GoW 1 and GoW 2, I assumed that GoW 2 seemed to have a "grander" feel to it, with more varied settings... This said, once I'm done with GoW2, i'll likely give a shot to the first one

Quote Originally Posted by luxregina
    Easy to explain : more than the fighting, what I like in those type of games is usually the "epic" feel of the places you get to travel to : after a quick review of screens from GoW 1 and GoW 2, I assumed that GoW 2 seemed to have a "grander" feel to it, with more varied settings... This said, once I'm done with GoW2, i'll likely give a shot to the first one
    Right, I also dig the epic feel of the environments...but GOW 1 has that as well. The story also takes place from part 1.

I would say GOW 2 is a better game, but GOW 1 should not be missed. I hope you didnt spoil part 1 by playing part 2 first.