A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If a war should break out with Iran.

The country most likely to attack Iran will be Israel. Much like the Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon war a year ago, US will provide all kinds of support, intel, weapons, but stay away from the actual "war" until provocated by Iran.

Now, this talk about revolutions and such. If there ever is a war with Iran, it won't be to change the regime. It will never be about helping the Iranian people.

Funny, gshock is as on-the-money as usual. Would have loved to see this thread be hijacked into a "Iranian girl turned me down cuz my rolex was fake yo" thread.

And the mighty G, so quick to judge about someone being so quick to judge. Hliarious.
    Flipsideguy

$_COOKIE['monster']
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnusVS
    Welcome to the forum. You get used to it...

I don't think we'll have a war... It'll just cost too much. I think Iran is just trying to get attention, but it is scary to think of Ahmadinejad with nuclear weapons.
    I wish I could be assured that there won’t be a war. But there are too many variables that points to a coming war. Even if the master plan was to conquer Iraq’s oil from the beginning, I think Iran has become a part of the conquest. To control Iraq entirely you must control Iran. Its religious power over Iraq is overwhelming. What can you do about that? Sanctions obviously don’t have any effect. You can forget about diplomacy. What’s left then, a miracle? Maybe a miracle is needed to stop Iran from getting its hands on nukes without the use of military force.

Quote Originally Posted by flipsideguy
    The country most likely to attack Iran will be Israel. Much like the Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon war a year ago, US will provide all kinds of support, intel, weapons, but stay away from the actual "war" until provocated by Iran.
    Is there a difference between the two? I mean both are run by the israeli lobby groups.
    Last edited by MbZbuGSy; 02-25-2008 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MbZbuGSy
    Is there a difference between the two? I mean both are run by the israeli lobby groups.
    How can you berate one member here for making a comment about ppl living in huts and then post this?

There are all kinds of lobby groups. Why would the Isreali ones be the only ones to run things? Heck why I am entertaining such an argument?

$_COOKIE['monster']
    Quote Originally Posted by CVO Chris
    How can you berate one member here for making a comment about ppl living in huts and then post this?

There are all kinds of lobby groups. Why would the Isreali ones be the only ones to run things? Heck why I am entertaining such an argument?
    It is purely an argument, one that was not "invented" by me, but is shared by many. Israel has a powerful say in US foreign policy -- especially policies concerning the middle east. One can also argue that the Israeli Lobby hasn't influenced US policies to such degrees that were/are not within US interestes. Although my personal belief in the matter is that the Israeli Lobby (as opposed to other lobby groups such as the NRA lobby) has a stake in US conducts in the region. My point is, what the US does in the region is heavily influenced, even orchestrated to a degree, by Israel.

That's not an argument. It's a claim. One that you have no evidence for.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

$_COOKIE['monster']
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashLackey
    That's not an argument. It's a claim. One that you have no evidence for.
    I suggest you read this book by John Mearsheimer, here. Then decide.

One book does not equal proof. Not unless you're willing to say that Mein Kampf was proof enough to fully believe that Hitler was correct.

Seriously, you're being a bit outlandish now. This dwindles any further into a downward spiral of name-calling and hidden agendas... it's getting closed.

Especially since the better responses are being totally ignored to... well, I don't even know what the heck you're trying to prove. Israel doesn't relate to Iran in the least. Sorta a few miles off there.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Staying on-topic, I'm with those who say that there will not be a US vs Iran war.

But I beg to differ, Gerbick, that "Israel doesn't relate to Iran in the least". One cannot talk about war against Iran and not bring up Israel.

The Iranian president's doomsday predictions for Israel and the constant garbage that comes out of his mouth directed at Israel, makes Israel a vital part of the discussion. And to counter, Israel has not been slow to openly threaten Iran.

I don't think you have a say in which responses are the good ones to reply to. Well you do, if you are the one replying, but it sounds like you are trying hard to steer one member's speech here. Disagree with the person as you may, but these forums fall under free speech don't they?
    Flipsideguy

Yeah... he uses that in the aforementioned "us vs. them" tactics... but with:
    Jordan
    Syria
    Iraq
    Saudi Arabia
    basically in-between them... how are they a direct threat? They're just a direct propaganda usage - one that's going to derail this topic even further. Let's just clump them into that whole "us vs. them" category and keep going.

And per usual, I'm moderating a thread that more than likely should be just closed, but invariably so I know that people would scream bloody murder and censorship like no other. So instead, I pointed out that your Swedish brethren was responding to gshock - if you don't already know, look for his other posts to see his "tone" of understanding anything in this world. That was the start of setting the tone of a bad thread right there.

Same formula I've seen over and over.

Don't like me moderating, self-moderate yourselves then mate.

I'm out. I get any complaints... thread closed. That's fair enough for you people, no?

Keep it civil. Moderator out.

I suggest you read this book by John Mearsheimer, here. Then decide.
    Thank you for the suggestion. Honestly, I wish I did have more time to read books like this. However, it doesn't appear that there is even remote consensus that this book has merit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Isr...licy#Criticism

Even anti-american extraordinaire Noam Chomsky disagrees with it.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

I used to believe that AIPAC had an all-powerful veto in everything US does in the ME, mainly because of their control over media and corporations. But to blame everything US does around the world -- in this case the Middle East -- on the Israel Lobby would be to divert the blame.

US has a self-serving agenda in the ME. It just happens that their plans are of vital interest to Israel as they are directly related to the safety of Israel -- if we are to believe crazies like Ahmadinejad -- the very existense of Israel.

A powerful Iran goes against the US agenda in the region, as well as poses as a threat to Israel. I my opinion, the US would rather sit tight, play the diplomacy card, while letting Israel take the role of the instigator. Again, not without all-encompassing support.

There will be a war.
    Flipsideguy

Israel's latest statement about them willing to strike back at any/all people guarantees a war. But I'm not sure about the US involvement; not directly.

I wish I could be assured that there won’t be a war. But there are too many variables that points to a coming war. Even if the master plan was to conquer Iraq’s oil from the beginning, I think Iran has become a part of the conquest. To control Iraq entirely you must control Iran. Its religious power over Iraq is overwhelming. What can you do about that? Sanctions obviously don’t have any effect. You can forget about diplomacy. What’s left then, a miracle? Maybe a miracle is needed to stop Iran from getting its hands on nukes without the use of military force.
    It seems like Iran itself can't be controlled, so an invasion of Iran seems unlikely. Maybe there will be an air or missile strike against the suspected facilities...