A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If a war should break out with Iran.

$_COOKIE['monster']

If a war should break out with Iran.

The air gets loaded with every day that passes by. Iran’s defiance on its nuclear program is really puzzling to me. 1: If they really want to make a nuclear weapon, why start threatening other countries and make bold speeches about wiping entire country of the map. Why not just keep quiet and do it in secret without drawing attention. 2: When UN throws sanctions or threats with sanctions why be so defiant about it? There is nothing to gain by that. All of this leads my thoughts to one thing. That they are craving for war. I’m not sure exactly what they will gain by it, but I’m sure that they will gain something or somethings. That may be more strength inside or outside the country or something i haven't thought about. I’m just hoping that the Bush administration or the next one will not hand it to them. Share your decent unpatriotic thoughts or theories on this subject.
    Last edited by MbZbuGSy; 02-23-2008 at 09:11 PM.

because the leader is making it seem like the world is against them, thus the people think they are pushed into a corner. Never push a dangerous animal into a corner.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Because it's much easier to hold onto power when you claim your country is under attack. Iranians don't much care for their government.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

honestly, the girl i like is iranian (from iran too) and she said she likes it more there than here and she plans to go back.... honestly i dont see how that is possible because when i think of iran (never been obviously) i think about like ppl living in huts (basically star wars) and stuff.
    * I could be banned at any time... [/evp]

GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

US vs. Iran... won't happen.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Bush might do it, but anyone coming into the presidency would know that their approval would drop to 5% the second they say the world "war." The US wants peace, but thats not to say we won't hand out billions of dollars in weapons to anyone who wants to go to war with someone we don't like.

So, who decides who can and can not develop nuclear weapons and/or power plants? Those that have them already?
    Whoever taught EVERYONE to put all their code on movie clips needs to be shot...

You've gotten it wrong. The current administration does not want peace. They want a piece of the pie... big difference. I know that most of the republican lovin' part of this board will disagree; but that's the truth.

A war versus Iran solves and serves nothing. No more oil to gain, no more pockets to line, no more resources to drain.

And the whole thing about the nuclear power plants... they were turned off, intel points towards they were done before the US investigations, lord forbid we wait for the UN... simply stated, it's a moot point now. Even most of the US knows that by now.

A war on 3 fronts would probably result in Bush going up for war crimes real quick if a democrat gets elected. If McCain gets elected, he wants to stay in Iraq/Afghanistan for the sum of 10 billion dollars a month anyway.

Bush won't do it. His pockets are full enough.

When I said US, i meant the people, not the idiots running the country. No one wants another war, no one cares if Iran has nukes, it just doesn't matter.
    Whoever taught EVERYONE to put all their code on movie clips needs to be shot...

The "idiots that are running the country" are pretty much doing apparently either what a majority of the Senate/House believes in and they represent the "us"... or we're captive in a country that doesn't care what the majority truly represents.

Which are you stating?

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    because the leader is making it seem like the world is against them, thus the people think they are pushed into a corner.
    That is a plan that always works, wether the threat is real or imaginary.
    We all respond to the them against us syndrome.

$_COOKIE['monster']
    Quote Originally Posted by gshock
    honestly, the girl i like is iranian (from iran too) and she said she likes it more there than here and she plans to go back.... honestly i dont see how that is possible because when i think of iran (never been obviously) i think about like ppl living in huts (basically star wars) and stuff.
    Wow, that’s very enlightening. I asked for decent thoughts, and you come up with some bullsh** that has nothing to do with the topic. In case you didn’t know (obviously you don’t) when Iran (also known as Persia) had a civilization, your ancestors were living in a cave. Did you ask her why she likes to go back, or did you even wonder why. You probably think Europe is a country, and that “US-Americans” don’t have maps at home. "ppl living in huts",,, DUDE!

Quote Originally Posted by MbZbuGSy
    Wow, that’s very enlightening. I asked for decent thoughts, and you come up with some bullsh** that has nothing to do with the topic. In case you didn’t know (obviously you don’t) when Iran (also known as Persia) had a civilization, your ancestors were living in a cave. Did you ask her why she likes to go back, or did you even wonder why. You probably think Europe is a country, and that “US-Americans” don’t have maps at home. "ppl living in huts",,, DUDE!
    Welcome to the forum. You get used to it...

I don't think we'll have a war... It'll just cost too much. I think Iran is just trying to get attention, but it is scary to think of Ahmadinejad with nuclear weapons.

"basically star wars"

What you reckon the Iranian Goverenment is actually building a Death Star?

You young man could do with a few hours of forced Wikipedia reading.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Speed85
    no one cares if Iran has nukes
    What? Are you nuts? The last thing we need is another country with nuclear weapons. Especially if that country is Iran.

I've always said that invading Iraq was one huge stupid mistake but Iran is different. I wouldn't want any other country to go to war with Iran but I would dread them having nukes even more.

Quote Originally Posted by MbZbuGSy
    If you let the opinion of one puerile person illicit such a generic stereotype over a group of people that you obviously believed prior to this discussion, perhaps you should limit yourself to just your fellow types - read: only talk with people that will agree with your thoughts and talk as you do.

Especially since you walked past all other rhetoric just to lock on to the most obvious fodder this forum could generate just to propagate your rank preconceptions.

Sad indeed. This wasn't a discussion. You just seem to have wanted to share your myopic opinion instead and are willing to locate the most idiotic verbiage to further bolster your position and stance.

It's just as bad of a tactic of "us vs. them"; just as divisive.

Quote Originally Posted by CVO Chris
    What? Are you nuts? The last thing we need is another country with nuclear weapons. Especially if that country is Iran.
    But you have to remember that Iran in many ways are moving towards the west. Iranian youths are in many ways adopting western culture (even though in fear of getting caught), so I think that a war/invasion will just put that development many years back in time...

You are right Magnus, but the reformists you are talking about are not in power (and perhaps never will be).

No. But we can just hope that there will be a revolution eventually Historically, that's what usually happens.

Revolutions can be crushed. Politicians can be bought.

Every once in a blue moon there is a good cleansing. Some one says never again.

Sadly Corporate America and it's lobbyist groups need thier arse kicked, however so long as the wolf is guarding the hen house that'll never happen.