A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Preview != Exported

Preview != Exported

When I export, the following are different:
    Scripting this.x and this.y within a child movie puts it in a different, seemingly random places.
    Calling childMovie.hide() does not hide it, in preview it does.
    Using "<br />" in a small text does not insert a line break, it does in preview (<b> and <i> still work).

Am I doing something wrong? I'm exporting to flash 9, and I have flash ver 9.

The show() and hide() methods are no longer supported by 3DFA. They still work internally and for Flash 8 export only for the sake of backward compatibility with old projects, but they do not work with Flash 9 and are no longer documented.

You need to use object.visible = true or false.

One of the things that makes 3DFA easy to use is that you can adjust the center of an image. This is done using the centerX and centerY properties.

Flash does not support centers, which is a serious design flaw, and it makes the Flash tool much harder to use. 3DFA tries to overcome this limitation by synthesizing the centerpoint.

This is usually transparent to the user, but if you are writing a script, then you may find that the issue gets confusing.

The solution is to go into the child movie properties and set centerX and centerY to 0, 0. After that, the x and y values will exactly match the exported values.

On the issue of HTML, 3DFA has two HTML export methods. The first method uses the Flash player to render the HTML. However, the Flash player only supports a few tags and is quite bad at formatting. In the second method, 3DFA formats the HTML as it is exported. In this mode, the internal and exported movie should look the same, but the text cannot be edited.

I hope these explanations help.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

How do I set centerX and centerY outside of script? If I do it in script, the exported movie is non-responsive, I assume because it hit and error and stopped running.

Is there a way to put line breaks in Flash HTML?

Add a "Show position" feature to the element. You will see center X and Y values.

I have not seen the html problem, but in theory, if you use ...

element.condenseWhite = true

it 'should' enable the br and p tags.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)