A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: About version 4.9.8.2 and optimization

About version 4.9.8.2 and optimization

The earlier 4.9.8 versions had some problems that should now have been corrected in this release.

4.9.8.2 is a fully optimized version that runs more than 3 times faster than previous versions, and the internal player now approaches the speed of the Flash player.

It is possible, but unlikely, that because of the optimizations, this version will crash on some processors or operating systems. Please inform us immediately if there are any problems running it on your computer.

There may be more releases over the coming days if more bugs are discovered. Overall though, this should be the most reliable version ever released.

There will be new versions released at least once a week for the next few weeks as more open-source AS3 libraries are incorporated into 3DFA.
    Last edited by kusco; 03-01-2008 at 11:22 AM.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

As I said in another thread...
    3DFA crashes on my computer everytime I want to add a scrollbar to an edit box.

And as i've said a thousand times - please send your bug reports to the email address. Do not post them in the forum.

This should be fixed and uploaded within a day. Please continue testing and send your reports before tomorrow's release. Thanks.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

honestly I'm being tired of using 3DFA because of all the bugs in ALL versions...Is there a version of 3DFA which is 100% stable and where every function that is in 3DFA works as it was ment to?

Things keep changing, and when they do, other things stop working all the time...I can't make a decent website in it because in every version there seems to be something that is not working like it should.
    Now I'm experiencing some problems on exporting my menu. In 3DFA preview it works, when exporting I can't see the animated rollovers and when I click, it doesn't do anything (no linking)

I just tested the menu element and it appears to work fine. If anyone else is having a problem with menus, then please send a report to the support address.

In the entire months of January and February, there were only really two significant bug reports. It is expected that before the end of the week, there will be no more reports for this version.

If you don't report problems to the email address, they won't get looked at, and you only have yourself to blame. So send in those bug reports.
    Last edited by kusco; 03-02-2008 at 11:47 AM.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

My wishes for next release

My wishes for 4.9.8.3* are:
    • 3 lines of gradients
    • "dont create html file" checkbox
    • maby: a customizeable syntax helper, with own functions

*or one of the next releases
    sorry for my bad school English
    btw. visit my Page: projects.lewxx.de
    or lewxx.de (<= German)

• "dont create html file" checkbox - good idea LewxX²
    • "photo gallery" sample
    • and "news system" sample

• an update checker (seems to be already planned, there's a checkbox in the options menu)

• XML socket class and blend modes working in preview

• a customizable syntax helper sounds good, too. Maybe there is a way to edit it with the open-source interface.

Quote Originally Posted by my_6h_sense
    honestly I'm being tired of using 3DFA because of all the bugs in ALL versions...Is there a version of 3DFA which is 100% stable and where every function that is in 3DFA works as it was ment to?

Things keep changing, and when they do, other things stop working all the time...I can't make a decent website in it because in every version there seems to be something that is not working like it should.
    my_6th_sense, I share that opinion with you. Unfortunately users of 3DFA often think their problem is caused by bugs within the program. Sometimes that is true, but you aren't motivated to check your code twice if you know there are several bugs. Usually it's just a simple logical error or so done by the user. I have those problems, too.
    3D Flash Animator is not a real commercial product, so the community has to do the QA for it and we should be proud of kusco that he works on 3DFA in his free time without getting rich by selling it (as far as I know... Please correct me if it is wrong.). Therefore 3DFA is very cheap and most of the reported bugs can be fixed within two minutes. It's much easier to use than other flash authoring tools like Adobe Flash CS3, easy to learn for flash beginners and it offers a variety of features for advanced users.
    So I will use 3DFA even if there are some bugs, because the price isn't too high and I've got (almost) all features I need to work with flash.

true words, leifi!
    or lewxx.de (<= German)

hey Kusco, no reply to the user wishes?
    or lewxx.de (<= German)