A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 4.9.8.3 export report

4.9.8.3 export report

I thought i would download and see what happens in the latest version, and after trying to export a website i am building i received the following message.

Morph effect cannot be exported to Flash 9

The website was working fine in Flash8 export version 4.9.7.2, until i needed to incorperate a video. Obviously it did'nt work under flash8, so thats when i went over to flash9. It made a right mess of my "show" element "effects". Not all effects were messed up and from seeing that one particular effect was'nt messed up makes me believe it could be a coding problem that can eventually be corrected by my own means. Which in turn brings me back to the starting point of the post.

Morph effect cannot be exported to Flash 9
    This i believe to be out of my control.
    I still haven't found the morph problem yet but will update this post when i do with any results i find.

There are a few known differences between exporting animation effects to Flash 8 and 9. These are due to the enormous incompatibilities between the two formats, but an ultimate solution is coming soon.

Morphing for Flash 9 will be introduced as part of this solution. Its a new and better morph.

As far as i am aware, the Video element now exports the same for Flash 8 and 9, with the exception of a few extra methods, so maybe you should reconsider Flash 8 export.

Otherwise my only suggestion would be to send a small sample movie to the support email address and let them tell you where the morph error is coming from.
    Last edited by kusco; 03-04-2008 at 07:25 AM.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)